Kizer sheepdog huge problem

Hey guys, I haven’t really posted in this thread in a while. But man I need help guys I don’t know what to do! I got my Kizer mini sheepdog about a month or so ago....and I freaking love it! It’s perfect! But today I literally got out of the shower, left my knife in my pocket...wasn’t clipped in the pocket just loose in there pulled my shorts off the sink where I left them...and what happened....my knife fell hit the ground and I noticed very quickly that the knife’a action wasn’t there at all! Then my heart dropped to realize that the ceramic detent ball is completely gone! Like it literally popped out lock bar......I don’t know what to do guys....any suggestions?!??!
P.s. the knife is now considered to be illegal since I can shake the knife easily out of the scales

I'd contact Kizer and beg for mercy! I don't know how these are made but maybe they can send you a ball and superglue it back in? If you have it send them a copy of your receipt. Try Pinn@kizercutlery.com
BTW (not to rub it in) but I too love my Mini (Vanguard)

I'd contact Kizer and beg for mercy! I don't know how these are made but maybe they can send you a ball and superglue it back in? If you have it send them a copy of your receipt. Try Pinn@kizercutlery.com
BTW (not to rub it in) but I too love my Mini (Vanguard)
Honestly man, I was really disappointed to see it pop out like that, but I hope that this will get resolved.

Did you contact them and what did they say if you did? It did take over a month to get a replacement clip from, I suppose, China for my Sliver. Please let us know if it gets resolved one way or another.

Did you contact them and what did they say if you did? It did take over a month to get a replacement clip from, I suppose, China for my Sliver. Please let us know if it gets resolved one way or another.
I am still waiting for the lockbar replacement, the person who I spoke to shipped it out and they sent me a tracking code for it, they said it’s going to take a month to arrive.

I am still waiting for the lockbar replacement, the person who I spoke to shipped it out and they sent me a tracking code for it, they said it’s going to take a month to arrive.
Make sure it doesn't have lock rock after replacing it. Usually these have different tolerance for each knife. So replacing it could cause another issue, ie lock rock. If it does maybe another will work, who knows. Hope it works out for you the first time though.

You could try fitting in a new detent ball, tho not as easy to do if your not into fixing knives in general. some makers can do it for you easy. I seen Jake from the knife nuts podcast do this on his ig.

Make sure it doesn't have lock rock after replacing it. Usually these have different tolerance for each knife. So replacing it could cause another issue, ie lock rock. If it does maybe another will work, who knows. Hope it works out for you the first time though.

You could try fitting in a new detent ball, tho not as easy to do if your not into fixing knives in general. some makers can do it for you easy. I seen Jake from the knife nuts podcast do this on his ig.
Well that sucks to hear that this could be a possible issue for mine....., and I did think about finding someone who can add a detent ball, but I don’t know anyone could do such a tricky thing like that.

As these are cnc / edm mass-produced knives the tolerances actually are very small! I expect the new lockbar liner will fit the knife just nicely. Hope you receive it quickly.

Back