Recommendation? Kizer T1 question

I purchase the a Kizer T1 recently, and got it today.

I can't open the god damn knife with one hand, is there something I can do?
I never have this issue before. Thank you.

:D

Last edited:
I purchase the a Kizer T1 recently, and got it today.

I can't open the god damn knife with one hand, is there something I can do?
I never have this issue before. Thank you.

:D
Send it back for a new one.
Or, better yet, for something else.;)

According to the Kizer website, "Your Kizer knife is guaranteed against defects in material and workmanship and has a limited lifetime warranty, to the original owner..."
I guess you could send it to China and see if they will fix it for you.
If you try to adjust the pivot yourself, I hear they use a ridiculously strong loctite on them. You will need to apply some heat with a soldering iron to loosen it.

Last edited:
Was the person you purchased it from able to open it?
Did you try and pry the frame lock out a little to see if it is stuck?
Also, Kizer probably won't ask for proof of purchase if you decide to send it in.

The T1 is awesome.
When trying to open, you arent by chance resting your fingers on the lockbar are you?
That would make it extremely hard to open.

Step one for sure.

Sometimes I'll get a knife and struggle with it for a bit, perhaps because it requires a different approach than I'm used to or because it needs a hand position just a bit off from most of my others.

If opening it other ways -- like with two hands -- doesn't make it feel like there's something mechanically off about it, it's probably hand/finger position.

Check the obvious things first. Besides manual pressure on the lock bar, how tight is the pivot screw? Did the previous owner over-tighten it? Also, try adding some quality oil. You may want to do a full disassembly. Sometimes, it could be as simple as a little gunk, dirt, or even a small metal shaving where it shouldn't be.

Also, a small drop of oil on the detent ball can help.

Back