Kizer Vanguard Gemini Black

I'm interested in this knife but I don't care for the blue back spacer. Can it be taken out and look and work fine without it? I really wish they would have just left it black. The blue back spacer makes the knife look cheap to me.

This trend has kept me from buying a bunch of knives now. For instance, I'd have bought a full-sized Domin had it not been for the orange back spacer. The same goes for the Bestech Texel. Trying to find a friend to swap parts or setting up a dye run for just the spacer is more work than I'm going to do. I understand that some people like a radical color accent but please, make it optional. There are different ways to do that. For instance, include a second spacer that matches the scales in case someone wants to swap or just have it match from the factory and offer the colored parts as separate items.

This trend has kept me from buying a bunch of knives now. For instance, I'd have bought a full-sized Domin had it not been for the orange back spacer. The same goes for the Bestech Texel. Trying to find a friend to swap parts or setting up a dye run for just the spacer is more work than I'm going to do. I understand that some people like a radical color accent but please, make it optional. There are different ways to do that. For instance, include a second spacer that matches the scales in case someone wants to swap or just have it match from the factory and offer the colored parts as separate items.
I agree. I would have bought the vanguard gemini in a heartbeat if it wasn't for that funky back spacer.

I agree. I would have bought the vanguard gemini in a heartbeat if it wasn't for that funky back spacer.
Thank you for the suggestion, If we make some jade G-10 knives, would you like to buy it and DIY the colour yourself?

Thank you for the suggestion, If we make some jade G-10 knives, would you like to buy it and DIY the colour yourself?

As far as color customization:

1. If you are going to have a "color pop" or accent like a different color back spacer, make it a choice. For instance, include a second back spacer that matches or make some funky colors available for purchase. Really, you could have fun offering some alternate scales for popular knives too.

2. Yes on jade. It looks pretty on its own and people can have fun dying it whatever color they want. I really liked this on your Mini Domin, which is a nice gift knife.

I would honestly just prefer all black. I'm really not into all the fancy coloring. The blue just makes it look mismatched and cheap to me. It makes it look more like a toy than a knife. I think any off the wall coloring should just be made available as extra parts for modification to those who choose to change it if they want.

I would honestly just prefer all black. I'm really not into all the fancy coloring. The blue just makes it look mismatched and cheap to me. It makes it look more like a toy than a knife. I think any off the wall coloring should just be made available as extra parts for modification to those who choose to change it if they want.
Thank you for your thoughts. I would let our RND know this.

As far as color customization:

1. If you are going to have a "color pop" or accent like a different color back spacer, make it a choice. For instance, include a second back spacer that matches or make some funky colors available for purchase. Really, you could have fun offering some alternate scales for popular knives too.

2. Yes on jade. It looks pretty on its own and people can have fun dying it whatever color they want. I really liked this on your Mini Domin, which is a nice gift knife.
Thank you!

Back