Kizer. Youve got skills. Lets see this?

Dear Kizer. You have impeccable craftsmanship. But here's what I want....

kizer karambits and balisongs.

Would anyone else be interested inthis? I bet kizer could change the market on these knife styles.

Dear Kizer. You have impeccable craftsmanship. But here's what I want....

kizer karambits and balisongs.

Would anyone else be interested inthis? I bet kizer could change the market on these knife styles.

I'd be interested, but I don't think they could sell balisongs in the states unless they imported the pieces and assembled them here. I'm not at all clear on all the legalities, but I'm fairly certain that's why the Spyderco Jani-song isn't available in the states.

On a slightly more humble note, how about some fixed blades?

In the short term, I would bet Balisongs are unlikely. Karambits? Only question would be, does Kizer see them fitting into the product line?

Fixed blades, I can say, are being considered. What that ultimately means, we shall see.

In the short term, I would bet Balisongs are unlikely. Karambits? Only question would be, does Kizer see them fitting into the product line?

Fixed blades, I can say, are being considered. What that ultimately means, we shall see.

I'll just quietly say that I would quite enjoy seeing a Kizer produced S35VN Lancer.

I could see where balis would be an issue because of international shipping.

As for karambits, there are a few production folder karambits on the market. But how many titanium framelock karambits are out there? Very few production ones. I think it'd be a little different than what they do noww, but kizer could make incredible money off of this, I would bet the public would love it, especially if kizer did a "tactical " series. Karambits, spear points, hawkbills, more wharncliffes (love the rogue btw dirk). Then if kizer made fixed blades, and did a tactical line in fixed AND folders, they would have products in virtually every freaking knife niche.

Last edited:
Hi, Stonproject:

Thank you very much for the suggestions. I'll try to briefly address them in order (and other points in the thread so far):

1) Bali-song: I'm a big fan of Balisong, I have some Benchmade (various), Cold Steel Archangel, unfortunately my Spyderfly was stolen, and a bunch of off-brands that I've dulled as trainers. We have been thinking about this, and as alluded to by others in the thread, what we know as now of the origin of manufacturing issue really hurts us in order to bring a complete overseas Balisong to the US market as a "ready to go" unit. We do not rule out possibly doing something with a trainer (I'll jump on that one myself), but that plan goes hand-in-hand with bringing a sharpened version to the market as well. We will continue to do more research on this possibility.

2) Karambit: We have a few designs (by Kizer and our designer partners), this is still very much on the drawing board and is being looked into. We are brainstorming to find a way to do something new with this tool. Our recent product focus have been on more utilitarian item but this is something that certainly will benefit with more eyes on the matter.

3) Fixed blade: Absolutely! This is logically the next step for Kizer in our growth. We are working hard to prototype some fixed blades that fits into our current line-up and give users something extra to count on when the going gets really tough!

Kizer

I'd like to see a Kizer Balisong with Orange G10 handles and a serrated SS blade. This folder would be aimed at the EMS crowd but over all, I think it would sell well to other knuts.
rolf

I have zero interest in seeing balisongs and karambits from Kizer. They generally make tasteful knives and should continue to do so.

Last edited:

Interesting to see where this goes. I always look at small fixed blades that are easy to pocket carry and have enough handle to get a good secure grip. One of my favorites is made by some guy named Dirk Pinkerton ;) You have some nice designs on your website, so if you are involved in Kizer's efforts, that is a good sign to me, fwiw :)

I second the small fixed blades. These are indeed getting popular.
rolf

Interesting to see where this goes. I always look at small fixed blades that are easy to pocket carry and have enough handle to get a good secure grip. One of my favorites is made by some guy named Dirk Pinkerton ;) You have some nice designs on your website, so if you are involved in Kizer's efforts, that is a good sign to me, fwiw :)

Wow! Thank you.

Made in China.

I am still not comfortable with that (and might never be).

My .02

Last edited:
I think fixed blades would be cool, but I'd also really like to see Kizer do some sprint runs. I get sick of the Vanguard knives offered in only black or green G10. I'd love to see some sprint runs of these in different colors and blade finishes. That would suck the money out of my wallet better than the government! :)

Yes,Kizer is made in China,but you must first try it and then judge it.
China today produce high quality stuff.
Kizer use imported materials from U.S. and Japan..they have great warrenty and support..and Kizer knives are designed by custom knifemakers from U.S. and Europe.Fit and Finish on Kizer knives is amazing..
I have Lenovo laptop produced in China,IPhone is produced in China.Before few days I get myself high end blender,on most tests outrun the most known Vitamix made in USA blender..and I didn't know it is China made..until I saw the mark on it.And working soooo good,coming with 5 years warrenty and great support.

I hope Kizer will produce FIXED knife ASAP :)

And also it is good idea to produce some sprint run or limited series ;)

Uhm,and I'm missing Carbon Fiber on Kizers,I hope Kizer have in plan to produce some flippers with CF scales. ;)

I have zero interest in seeing balisongs and karambits from Kizer. They generally make tasteful knives and should continue to do so.
You know I think Kizer makes really nice knives, but do they really make only tasteful knives? Multicolored dots, skull engravings, dragon engravings, off the wall serrations. Some of it was early stuff certainly, and they are definitely moving towards more classy knives, but I don't think a karambit would be the least classy knife Kizer has made.

You know I think Kizer makes really nice knives, but do they really make only tasteful knives? Multicolored dots, skull engravings, dragon engravings, off the wall serrations. Some of it was early stuff certainly, and they are definitely moving towards more classy knives, but I don't think a karambit would be the least classy knife Kizer has made.

That's a very fair point! They have definitely had some flops in the aesthetic department. I just hate balisongs and karambits (the latter about twice as much as the former), so I don't want to see Kizer make them, for selfish reasons. And Kizer should stay away from rainbow anodization, dog footprints, skulls as well!

I do believe that Kizer knows how to work the market. They are on top of the business end of things and word of mouth is selling them lots of knives.
rolf

Back