Klein Tool , Chicago...curved sheepfoot slitting blade

Found at Thrift store...she wanted $0.25... I gave $1.00. Locking (liner) blade...made for line
work. Klein 1550-24, 2 1/2". Found on line retail for $36...(on sale for $21). Good snap
open/close. Made in Sheffield , England (Stainless). At first the plastic scared me away
...but, the price sucked me right back in ! :cool: Nice HawkBill blade....a working man's knife. Will go
in the keeper pile. Would be nice if it had a clip.

Charles
https://imgur.com/a/HhXlZmc

Last edited:
Nice find. I do linework. I’m always on the fence about this knife, most are junk. Is this actually a working mans knife that can withstand abuse?

It was when I had one. However one day it grew legs and walked out of my tool belt. I found it easier to strip romex and other heavy insulators. I quit that job a short time latter and never replaced it.

RX.... as I've only owned this for a day I cannot speak to durability. In my hand it
seems to have quality fit and finish, is hefty, and, appears well made. I have read on
line where some reviewers felt it was a challenge to sharpen. I hope this one doesn't
grow legs. My experience with Klein Tools (Chicago) and Sheffield steel blades has been
favorable.

Charles

Back