1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Klein Tool , Chicago...curved sheepfoot slitting blade

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Drum4fun, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Drum4fun

Drum4fun

Mar 21, 2018
    Found at Thrift store...she wanted $0.25... I gave $1.00. Locking (liner) blade...made for line
    work. Klein 1550-24, 2 1/2". Found on line retail for $36...(on sale for $21). Good snap
    open/close. Made in Sheffield , England (Stainless). At first the plastic scared me away
    ...but, the price sucked me right back in ! :cool: Nice HawkBill blade....a working man's knife. Will go
    in the keeper pile. Would be nice if it had a clip.

Charles
    https://imgur.com/a/HhXlZmc

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  2. gazz98

gazz98 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Damn, can't go wrong for a buck. Nice find.

3. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    Nice find. I do linework. I’m always on the fence about this knife, most are junk. Is this actually a working mans knife that can withstand abuse?

4. Tjstampa

Tjstampa Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 25, 2019
    It was when I had one. However one day it grew legs and walked out of my tool belt. I found it easier to strip romex and other heavy insulators. I quit that job a short time latter and never replaced it.

5. Drum4fun

Drum4fun

Mar 21, 2018
    RX.... as I've only owned this for a day I cannot speak to durability. In my hand it
    seems to have quality fit and finish, is hefty, and, appears well made. I have read on
    line where some reviewers felt it was a challenge to sharpen. I hope this one doesn't
    grow legs. My experience with Klein Tools (Chicago) and Sheffield steel blades has been
    favorable.

Charles