KLVUK and Kami Murali bonecutter= a very good xmas!!

my Xmas presents just arrived today, and boy am i a happy man, in the mail was a KLVUK( #5 from dotd on 12/23) and the Bonecutter i bought off a forumite here on BF, named JDK1. Both knives are very stout,and well put together. Both kuks came very sharp. Here are some pics with my German issue flecktarn parka as a backdrop, along with the kami mark of the bonecutter.
klvukandbc_zps7fe432e1.jpg
bonecutterkamimark--kamimurali_zps6e0a461b.jpg
klvuk_zpscca48da8.jpg
klvuk2_zps57290407.jpg
muralikamibonecutterkukri_zpsd2acd54f.jpg

let me know what you think.

Congrats. Two very cool blades! How long is that BC. Looks like 12" or so. Thats a stumpy beast right there!

Had two of them when they were introduced in our unit in 1997. Before that we had plain olive green.

Yes. Back then everybody (male) had to serve for a year. Today only whoever wants to. Was good training and never had to go abroad and shoot anybody. Would have been kinda weird anyways with something as inaccurate as a 120mm mortar which only works against scores of troops and not a few terrorists.

The bone cutter looks nice. :)

Jens-I have a pair of the flecktarn trousers I traded for when I shot the Shutzenschnurr in Kosovo...
Just found 'em the other day. Uluapark, that's a sweet little bonecutter.

buts Jens, the HK G3A3 is my favorite non-knife item. 7.62x51nato is da best. i am currently on the hunt for the Current issue smock used by the bundeswehr, and used by KSK troops.so far no luck. and thanks all.

Jens i even have the liner coat for it, that was hard to find. and the parka gets strange looks when i wear it, not a pattern seen often in the USA,let alone in the southeast. mine is a little long, almost 3/4 length. is it supposed to go beyond the waist?

Jens-I have a pair of the flecktarn trousers I traded for when I shot the Shutzenschnurr in Kosovo...
Just found 'em the other day. Uluapark, that's a sweet little bonecutter.
That was a good deal. How did you manage to get a Schützenschnur? Did the Germans make some kind of shooting open for everybody or were you embedded in one of the platoons?
We trained a few French and German troops before they went to Kosovo. Our part focused on conflict resolution with natives and evacuation if it failed. Some first aid too. Other groups taught them about mines and hostage situations. Was quite interesting to see how people of different military backgrounds reacted. The most inactive we saw was a group of only chefs. They just stood and watched while a fellow soldier was almost being killed.
On the other spectrum there was an old sergeant who without any reason emptied a machine gun into a refugee camp. Of course he was removed before he could do any real damage. Needless to say for the training we only used blanks and fake blood :)

buts Jens, the HK G3A3 is my favorite non-knife item. 7.62x51nato is da best. i am currently on the hunt for the Current issue smock used by the bundeswehr, and used by KSK troops.so far no luck. and thanks all.

Jens i even have the liner coat for it, that was hard to find. and the parka gets strange looks when i wear it, not a pattern seen often in the USA,let alone in the southeast. mine is a little long, almost 3/4 length. is it supposed to go beyond the waist?
We hated our G3s. They were as old as our parents and been used for too long. Even fixed they never hit the same spot twice and we were supposed to hit at 200 yards without any optics. We envied the few guys who already got new G36.

Edit.
The liner really helps. Glad you found it. Strange looks could be because some uniforms in Russia are now using a similar pattern. Or maybe it's really just unusual where you live. Parkas should go a bit down so no draft can hit the kidney area. Though shouldn't hang lower than the behind :d

Last edited:
Hey uluaparks,
They sure look like two very nice blades, that camo looks purty snazy as well. I enjoyed the info on it too.
=) merry christmas

Jens- I was light infantry-10th Mtn- and we and a panzergrenadier unit swapped weapons training. I was one of two guys who spoke any German, so we hung out all night...in the AM they gave me so much linked 7.62 for the MG3 I thought I was gonna loosen a filling. Funny- the platoon I hung with all carried G3's by choice. G36 is a neat rig though.

JW, the bonecutter was bought from a forumite who has had it for a couple of years, and now it will become my belt knife:)

Back