Knife Appraisal

Hello,

Maybe my searching ability is lacking, but I'm finding it difficult to find fair prices for some older Fiddlebacks that I'm getting ready to sell.

I don't see a "search thread" option in the Flea Market thread to quickly compare prices of similar knives, and most of the time the price is edited out to say "sold" after they sell.

What is the best way to come up with some fair prices. I don't want to sit on them forever, but I also want to get what they are worth.

Any advice?

Edit: I found the search thread function but your thoughts are still appreciated

Last edited:
This is how collections get started.;) Welcome to the Fray. The fact that Fiddleback Forge Knives retain a high resale value is actually in your favor, whether or not you sell OR buy. Seriously though, Having been on BF of a lot of years now there seems to be a LOT of factors (economy, knife buying and selling trends.) going on when considering selling knives. Choppaman Choppaman probably knows this better than anyone. Many of those factors seem elusive, and fluid. There have been times I put great blades up for sale and no one pays any attention to them. Other times I've put a knife up and it sells in 10 minutes. And then out of the blue someone DM's me about a knife I posted a year ago to see If it's still for sale. One thing is certain to help, (at least it works for me) though is Great Pictures and maybe a good narrative as well. Also don't get in a hurry and remember precious metals will always be better than digital currency. Good Luck

Last edited:

What is the best way to come up with some fair prices. I don't want to sit on them forever, but I also want to get what they are worth.​

What is the best way to come up with some fair prices. I don't want to sit on them forever, but I also want to get what they are worth.
Fair prices and going rate are two different things. IMHO, if you want to get what you think they're worth, you may sit on them forever. If you want to sell them for the going rate, take what you paid and divide by 2. That's a pretty fair price.
Probably the best way is just to list them for the price you want and add OBRO (or best reasonable offer). Then you'll know where the market is. If you like the offer, sell. If you don't, pass and keep the knife.

Last edited:
Back