Knife boxes/packaging

Lets see your old boxes for the oldies if you got 'em. I was thinking about this when I bought the RR and it came in a cheap box with no literature.Some other companies do the same, but some newer companies put a little effort to make their packaging look a little vintage. There is nothing like opening a box thats done up right on Christmas or a birthday or something.
I saw an old Remington scout on the bay that went for a lot of money because it had all the stuff that it came in. I imagine the custom shops doo some neat stuff also.

P1010186.jpg

P1010028.jpg

P1010022.jpg

P1010020.jpg

P1010006-2.jpg

I like Queen's boxes. Case boxes would be better if they were two piece, but I like those also.

I know, I have a Robeson by queen and I like the box.GEC has som interesting boxes or Tubes.My old style Wave has a cool box also.

Thats great stuff thawk. A hinged box. Unbelievable. Did the Zepher and 272 come with the slips?

This is my oldest box. A Robeson for 1 doz. No. 22223 folding knives. Sure would like to find at least one of these to go with the box.
RobesonBox.jpg

Looking forward to see what Waynorth and others have to add.

Those are original boxes. The red one is missing a Schrade Walden Sticker.

SW-48-148.jpg

The original Zephyr flyer, from Larry Vickery's excellent site.

reds-1.jpg

Red Box with the sticker (not mine)

I meant the leather pouches thawk. Did they come with the knives?

Well. I don't know for sure. I've seen them pictured with some lobster knives, and gent knives. The Zephyr for sure. With the little serpentine jack, hmmm??? :confused: It fits in there nicely.

Not an oldie, but I think the packaging my Case Saddlehorn came in was rather nice. The suede slip pouch was included in the tin.

CaseSaddlehorn.jpg

Last edited:
Nice stuff guys. Keep 'em coming please. I went to an estate sale one year, and I asked the guy if there was any watches. I was early and had to come back but he told me there was a nice old waltham. When I came back, the watch was gone, and the watch case, or box was in a pile of trash. I just shook my head. The guy that had to have the watch so bad threw half the value away imo.

Lonewolf City knife arrived in a nice Tin;

cityknife.jpg

G2

1970's Camillus -- American Wildlife Series..

000_1033.jpg

000_1104.jpg

1980's Cripple Creek -- Bob Cargill Handmade..

000_1615.jpg

Vintage Case XX Dealer's 1/2 dozen quantity count box..

000_1565.jpg

000_1566.jpg

Back