Knife in Olympus Has Fallen?

What sort of knife was used by Gerard Butler in the movie Olympus Has Fallen? Best view was the scene where he interrogated the two soldiers. Looks like a slim 4-5" knife, possibly a tanto. Any help would be appreciated.

I thought it was the same type knife as the main bad guy at the end, which looked like a Microtech Halo to me. Wouldn't swear to it though.

Yeah I saw he had a couple Microtechs. For some reason I thought Gerard had a fixed blade when he was interrogating them though. I could be mistaken. It certainly had a similar angle to the tanto point.

Yeah I saw he had a couple Microtechs. For some reason I thought Gerard had a fixed blade when he was interrogating them though. I could be mistaken. It certainly had a similar angle to the tanto point.

You could certainly be correct. I might be mixing it up with the knife the other bad guy (Dylan McDermott?) had, which I also thought was an OTF auto that might have been a Halo. Maybe there was a terrorist bulk order discount from Microtech.

I wonder if North Korean special forces commandos would use a Microtech knife or a Chinese branded make of a Microtech knife? Just a thought ;)

I thought Mr. Butler used a small fixed blade, not a Halo... Maybe a Gryphon M10 or something visually similar?
Gotta watch it with the pause button handy.

I thought Mr. Butler used a small fixed blade, not a Halo... Maybe a Gryphon M10 or something visually similar?
Gotta watch it with the pause button handy.

Nope, they are autos, and they are Halo III or Vs I would think based on the size.

He had a medium sized fixed blade when he first went into the White House. Small of the back sheath rig...

Just watched it again. Butler uses a couple OTF knives, probably the Micro-Techs others have stated, but when he stands in his Treasury Dept. office he is wearing a horizontal small of the back (Scout) carry fixed blade. This knife is the one he uses in the interrogation scene with the 2 Korean terrorists. I finally got a really good look at it. It is a Gerber CFB fixed or Yari II. It's their modified drop point tanto with a partially serrated blade, 1/8th inch thick, approx. 4.25-4.5 inches long. The CFB uses 154CM while the Yari uses S30V steel. Otherwise the two knives are pretty much identical. Only weighs about 4.5 ounces or so.
I liked the movie and the way it focused on the action and tactical use of the weapons instead of going for posing scenes to highlight the "Cool Factor" of the terminal toys.

it was a HK tumult otf and a Nimravus tanto or a Nim cub. he doesnt use a halo because the fire button is on the side of the knife and it is a slide not a button.

I figured it had to be some kind of fixed blade the way he just stabs skulls with it! Good movie. I like Gerard Butler.

ETA: I like him so much I have him tattooed on my leg. I always forget I have this piece haha.

Last edited:
What sort of knife was used by Gerard Butler in the movie Olympus Has Fallen? Best view was the scene where he interrogated the two soldiers. Looks like a slim 4-5" knife, possibly a tanto. Any help would be appreciated.
Gerber CFB or a Gerber yari fixed blade tanto

Gerber CFB or a Gerber yari fixed blade tanto
Welcome to the forum. However, this thread is quite old from 2014. Try to enjoy reading and learning as we try to keep from necrothreading unless really necessary.

Back