1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Knife interest...

Discussion in 'Battle Creek Knives' started by Battle Creek Knives, Sep 1, 2012.

1. mrn8

mrn8

Jun 8, 2007
    Rob, I have an idea in mind for a creekster that I'd love to see (own). Burlap or curly maple with black micarta/g10 "bolster" over a lime green or bright blue liner. Maybe with a black pinstripe in there...decisive, I know.

2. Battle Creek Knives

Battle Creek Knives

Feb 23, 2010
    great idea !!! are you talking natural burlap??if not what color?? what type of pins was you thinking??

elegant... I'm liking it..

3. mrn8

mrn8

Jun 8, 2007
    I was thinking natural burlap...kind of a contrast between the bolster and main material with either of the materials. Pins? Micarta is always nice, imo.

4. PatrickKnight

PatrickKnight

Jan 24, 2012
    Rob after you get the Kephart where you want it as far as the handle goes would it be possible to get one in micarta? I know its not pretty or fancy like wood but I just love a good micarta.

5. Battle Creek Knives

Battle Creek Knives

Feb 23, 2010
    Patrick I can do the micarta no problem, there shouldn't be any issues with the handle I just happened to sand this one done to far from using the wrong sized pins.. I'm about 4 weeks out, I don't take deposits but will keep you in the loop on my next batch of them and you can choose your handle materials, grind, and sheath options.. I've found it works good this way as you're not bound to anything and when the time comes you're not ready no worries, I can (hopefully :) ) always find a buyer..

take care

6. BaldingEagle

BaldingEagle

Feb 16, 2010
    Rob
    Do you have any plans to run a batch of tin knives?
    Doug

7. Battle Creek Knives

Battle Creek Knives

Feb 23, 2010
    Doug I have around 30-40 Tin-Tins sitting in a container cut and scribed ready for profile... But I don't think I'll be doing a batch real soon, but you never know.. Right now I'm trying to get an order done for a wedding and in the same breath get you taken care of, after that I'll proceed with the orders I have on the table then I'm free, free at last...... to do as I please.. :D

8. Ray Settanta

Ray Settanta

Aug 30, 2012
    Put me in for one of those beautiful kepharts with the curly maple handles and orange and black liners with firesteel for $165. Nice to see you back!

9. Battle Creek Knives

Battle Creek Knives

Feb 23, 2010
    Ray will do... thanks !!!!

looks like I'll have to start grinding like mad for the next two weeks to fill some orders and complete my daughters knife as well, I feel bad, she's been asking for a knife since her last b day april 4th, I have the pink g10 and kydex I really need to slam this out for her...

Just got an offer sealed on my house today so I'll be moving May 10th, need to get the ball rolling incase I'm stuck with no where to set up shop for a couple weeks.... which I'm going to try my best to not let happen....

10. Bradass80

Bradass80

Apr 10, 2014
    I'd like to get in line for a creekster from you as well. Thanks, Brad.

11. Woods Runner

Woods Runner

Apr 16, 2014
    I love your knives. Please put me in for a Creekster Scandi, black micarta. Thank you much. John