Knife Kits

armilite

BOUNCED EMAIL: I need to update my email address in my profile!
Hi Guys,
I was thinking of trying one of the kits that you actually put the knife together. I mean it comes in kit form. I did a quick search on Google and didn't come up with much. Could anyone point me in the right direction as to where I might purchase a kit for beginners, not to hard to put together !

Thank You All,
armilite

Texas Knife supply is not bad, North Coast Knives is good, Jantz not bad. I liked North Coast Knives the best because of all the help he gave me.

I just got one of these last week , I highly recommend this kit - it has incredible lockup with nice thick frames , very sturdy and well worth the dough. I will post pics of mine when I'm done fooling with it.
I was stoked when I first put it together at how tight the lockup is , zero blade play , the edge took some thinning out to my liking but once that was done it is now wicked sharp. I'm toying with making different scales for it though and it would look cool I think with no scales as well , the cool thing about these kits is it can go as far as your imagination can. The kit is low cost , I would steer clear of the other low cost folder kits , IMO they are somewhat cheesy , especially in lockup.
I bought it from Texas Knife Makers. Great place !

FLX-25 : Frame Lock Folder Kit
flx25_2_550.jpg

All parts included to create the above frame-lock folder kit, including standard cocobolo dymondwood handles (see image above). Optional handles are pre-milled and listed below. This kit assembles easily and offers a lot of canvas for modifications. This is an excellent piece for learning basic assembly, frame-lock design, file work training, liner test treatments and overlay experimentation. Because of the base design simplicity, it is also a great kit for beginners, requiring no modification to produce a great knife. Full stainless frame-lock design with open-spacer backspine. This model is a super value, and a fun build with nice lockup and action for the money!

General Kit Specifications
Skill Rating: Level I
Blade Steel: 440 Stainless (RC 52-55)
Handle Length: 4 1/2
Blade Length: 2 3/4
Overall Length: 6 1/2
Handle Material: Dymondwood (standard)
Optional Handle Material (see below)
Pivot: Stainless Steel (pass-through)
Washers: Nylon

Back