Knife Length Question

Wow, this post about knife length is really interesting! I've always wondered about the right knife size for different tasks in the kitchen. Thanks for sharing this valuable information! 🍽️🔪

If the locking ring removes its size equal, which you can keep easily. gb whatsapp pro

So I think may be there is no problem with it, but still I suggest you can search more about it and if possible then buy a new one if you can do it.
Given the UK knife laws and your Opinel's slightly longer-than-legal blade, what's the best course of action: shorten it, buy a new knife, or risk carrying it as-is? I would be very happy if you could let me know, thanks

Hi All
I just wanna say beforehand that i'm new here and to knives in general so please cut me some slack if i say anything wrong
I recently bought an opinel no.8, now I live in the UK so knife laws being what they are i tried my best to get a knife to fit the laws
I bought the knife in question and all seemed fine, it had a locking ring which i was going to remove regardless, then i measured it and it didn't add up, the blade was 8.5 inches, as opposed to the 7.5 stated by the website, i did some more research (which i should've done beforehand) and found out what the numbers mean on opinels.
Now i've got a problem, even if i remove the locking ring, it's still not techincally legal to carry around, so i've turned to you guys, who are infinetley more experienced than I, to ask a question
Should i go about shortening the blade, just buy a new knife, or not worry about the .3 inch problem GB Whatsapp
Considering UK knife laws, you may want to either check local regulations, modify the blade within legal limits, or explore alternatives. Safety and compliance are key. Enjoy your journey into the world of knives

Back