Knife maintenance mat suggestions?

Buy a Hinderer from DLT and you get one for free. They are actually pretty good, feel like a mouse mat, maybe 2.5 times larger.

And not sure what knife you need to buy :) Works when you buy a Hinderer, doesn't if you buy a Spyderco :)

Another thing that works really good is a small white hand towel you put in the washroom,the white color makes metal parts standout and they don't roll very far on the either.

I used to use a white towel when I built RC Cars and some have what's called a ball differential and they use really small balls and the towel stopped them from rolling very far and also made them easy to see.
^This
I use a white cotton napkin. If there isn't one at the table when I sit down, i grab whatever light color happens to be there. You probably have a white rag laying somewhere, costs $0. If you are worried about shifting it, you could tape it down. When not being used for knife maintenance, it functions as a napkin or whatever it was before you commandeered it. You can personalize it with embroidery ;)

JV Knives JV Knives ,

I have several extra DLT Hinderer mats. If you want one PM me your address and I'll get one to you...

Stu

Back