Recommendation? Knife making classes in the Midwest and Chicago-land area?

Tetsujin 140.6

Gold Member
Anyone have any information or recommendations for knife making classes (particularly for folders) in the Midwest or the Chicago-land area?

I highly recommend JK Knives beginner makers class, should he offer them again. I've taken the class twice and have greatly enjoyed the experiences and have two, made by me, hard use fixed blades I carry regularly. He's located in the Chicago-land area.

Any other recommendations?

IMO, no post is complete without pics . . . this one shows the student's work product at one of the JK Knives classes:

PGbkupk.jpg

Thanks.

Jealous of your experiences.... John is one of the reasons I first got into buying customs myself, and then again with starting to make them.
I never got to meet him face to face, but id like to go, If......

John Doyle is in Michigan. He posts some of his work mostly in the customs section of this forum. He advertises knife making classes on Instagram that combine some good local fishing.
Thanks for the info. I’ve seen his work, and it’s very impressive.

Tracy at usaknifemaker has hammer ins and Les Voorhees has taught folder making

I don't know how in depth it is though

He also sells DVDs on folder making and they are excellent

May I recommend you join the Midwest Knifemakers Guild? It will open you up to several people in the region. Some may not offer classes, but will be happy to have a couple shop visits which can be a huge help.

May I recommend you join the Midwest Knifemakers Guild? It will open you up to several people in the region. Some may not offer classes, but will be happy to have a couple shop visits which can be a huge help.
Thanks for the recommendation. Do you have a link you can share for the guild?

Thanks.

Back