Knife making lessons in Westchester, NY?

Hi!
Just wondering if anyone has their own knife making forge anywhere near Westchester County who might be willing to give a few lessons on basic knife making (earning some extra cash!) to my husband? The reason I'm posting this and not him is I'm trying to see if I can figure something out as a Christmas gift for him! He is (and has been) a fan of knives and has recently gotten more and more interested in knife (and also sword) making. He watches endless YouTube videos of various artisans/blacksmiths so I was hoping to link him up with someone who is actually forging! Thanks- Jennie

There is also an art center up in southern CT where they have classes. Mace Vitale used to teach some. Don't know if he still does.

So there is life in this part of the world ! The Szilazski school seems interesting. I'm in Sullivan Co and always available on Bladefoums.

Hey mete....I have been making knives for a few years but new to the forum cant figure out how to send messages...but my email is in my previous post here shoot me a email if you have a minute I always love talking and meeting other makers from NY

Yes, it is a 5 hour drive. However, most of us have driven a lot farther to shows, hammer-ins, and seminars. I just ran up to Ashokan, NY from Norfolk, VA for the weekend.

The training is first class there, .... and worth the drive.

Hi!
Just wondering if anyone has their own knife making forge anywhere near Westchester County who might be willing to give a few lessons on basic knife making (earning some extra cash!) to my husband? The reason I'm posting this and not him is I'm trying to see if I can figure something out as a Christmas gift for him! He is (and has been) a fan of knives and has recently gotten more and more interested in knife (and also sword) making. He watches endless YouTube videos of various artisans/blacksmiths so I was hoping to link him up with someone who is actually forging! Thanks- Jennie
Hey, I have a small forge and knife making setup in my home in central westchester. I’m a total newbie but glad to have another newbie to learn with. I’ve made a few (bad) knives so far but glad to have another guy to make mistakes (aka learn) with.

Hey, I have a small forge and knife making setup in my home in central westchester. I’m a total newbie but glad to have another newbie to learn with. I’ve made a few (bad) knives so far but glad to have another guy to make mistakes (aka learn) with.
This thread is 5 years old.

Hoss

Welcome Rubber Toe.
Fill out your profile so we know where you live and a bit more about you than your age.

When pulling up threads as a new member look at the dates of the original post and last few posts. This prevents Necroposting on old threads. Post a new thread and link the old one if you wish to start a new conversation about the subject.

Last edited:
I’m brand new to this forum. I was wondering if there was anybody in or close to Rockland County, N.Y. that does any bladesmithing. I would really love to learn. Thanks in advance.

I’m brand new to this forum. I was wondering if there was anybody in or close to Rockland County, N.Y. that does any bladesmithing. I would really love to learn. Thanks in advance.
This thread is very old. As I stated above, I lived in Rockland County and could have helped. I moved to another state a year ago but there will be others nearby that can offer assistance. Start a new thread and ask again.

Back