• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Knife mods

I can be contacted via PM, email at mr.campbell5150@gmail.com or through Instagram.

Most of my mod work has been posted in my InstaGram account under "RecalcitrantAmerican".

Please don't hesitate to contact me for anodizing, blasting, grinding, sharpening, tumbling, acid washing, carving, polishing, etc. al. I work on Productions, Mid-Techs and Custom folders.

Most mods are completed in less than a week or when promised.

(I provide factory warrantied knife mods for Ferrum Forge Knife Works and US warranty work for JG Customs of South Africa.)

Thank You,

Sean Campbell

Last edited:
Dalibor, Regulus Mod. D, was kind enough to give me permission to modify one of his customs.

All hardaware was given a machined finish, the scales where blasted and hand sanded. Finally, the blade was coated in CeraKote.

regulusmod1.jpg regulusmod2.jpg reg3.jpg

Last edited:
Chaves AmericanMade 228

Swedge, Polished spine, reduced fatty Custom Dual Thummers, hand Satin pocket clip, machine finished hardware, de-horned hots spots, etc.

silver228mod1.jpg silver228mod2.jpg silver228mod3.jpg

Last edited:
Chaves Custom Redencion #118

redencion118-1.jpg I started with a nice light bronze handle with a subtle orange peeled clip and backspacer.

I went with a hand rubbed satin clip and back spacer. Redencion118-2.jpg redencion118-3.jpg Changed the thummers to dual fatties.

Blue ano, thumb relief, swedge and polished spine. redencion118-4.jpg redencion118-5.jpg

Last edited:
what the
attachment.php

It used to be stone washed with a blue ano back spacer...

I sent it to this man on Tuesday (this week) and I got it back Saturday (this week) and this is what he did.

Satin (almost mirror!!) finished backspacer, clip, and presentation face.
Bronze anodized clip side and inside of scales and presentation side scale's edge,
cut out swedge on blade and polish finished blade's spine. Removed minor rust and added dual Gen 1 thumb studs.

It looks amazing. I loved this Redencion since I got it but now I just can't even sell it!!! it is how much I love it.

From the moment he received the Redencion he began taking pictures and texting me. His mod were completed in one day!!!

Thank you Sean.

Attachments

• IMG_3677crop.jpg
    IMG_3677crop.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3762mirrortable.jpg
    IMG_3762mirrortable.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3778table.jpg
    IMG_3778table.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3745open.jpg
    IMG_3745open.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
View attachment 587705View attachment 587701View attachment 587702

I sent my Redencion 228 to Sean for fixing.
Sean did the following:

1. Polished inside the Mayo like holes;
2. Rounded the thumb studs;
3. Dehorned the lock bar tab for easy deployment;
4. Orange peeled the lock bar liner and polished the handle edges and clip edges;
5. Put a fabulous patina on the blade to give it a great user look;
6. Put a false edge on the top of the blade and polished all the screws and inner working of the knife; and
7. Gave the clip a beautiful gold bronzed user look.

I couldn't be happier with Sean's work. He is reasonable and a stickler for details. He's highly recommended. Thanks so much.

View attachment 587699View attachment 587699View attachment 587700

Last edited:
I have a buck 110 auto conversion ,I saw and really liked the skull pocket clip is that something you could do on a buck? It is in rosewood and nickel so I would like it to match. A approximate cost and if you could do it let me know

Thanks
Bill 7196403246
Elliott_715@msn.com

Back