1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Knife or Death

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by Man with no name, May 13, 2018.

1. Man with no name

Man with no name

Jun 24, 2015
    When watching the new show I often wonder how Cold Steel knives would fare on the course. I would choose either a Gurkha Kukri Plus or San Mai Trail Master. What Cold Steel knife would you use?

jux t likes this.
  2. nephron

nephron Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Cool, not aware of this program, will watch later.

3. Man with no name

Man with no name

Jun 24, 2015

4. Raf32

Raf32

Jun 20, 2012
    I’d love to see a Cold Steel San Mai Kukri on Knife Or Death. It’s a great show, one of my favorite.

Man with no name likes this.
  5. nephron

nephron Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Got a lotta love for TM SM but the Kukri might do better, would be interesting to see which does best. I was also thinking Magnum Tanto XII but it might be a little too light in weight. I think you have it covered.

6. Kels73

Kels73

Feb 20, 2012
    This is the first I've heard of it. I'll have to check it out.

7. ponykid

ponykid

Sep 14, 2015
    Actually someone did come on the show with a Cold Steel knife. I cant remember what the model was though. they did well but did not win

8. DSB_85

DSB_85

May 24, 2018
    the Two Handed Slant Tip machete might work for this :p

nephron likes this.
  9. hk1123

hk1123

Mar 11, 2017
    MAA Messer IIRC

10. JohnnyMayhem

JohnnyMayhem

Aug 6, 2006
    I was thrown off by the customized Messer. The show wanted custom knives only. Now if CS had a custom shop that would be pretty slick.

nephron likes this.
  11. Man with no name

Man with no name

Jun 24, 2015

nephron likes this.
  12. exRonin1949

exRonin1949 Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2018
    I have the oldest iteration of the Kukri Plus, as well as the San Mai III Magnum Tanto Plus XII. You're correct, nephron, the Magnum Tanto XII is far too light. The Kukri Plus, however, depending upon whatever the best grade of steel available now is, should be more than equal to the task. I'm constantly amazed by the quality and feel of the CS Kukri premium grade knives. They fall in-between other quality kukri's, vis-a-vis weight, being in the "Goldilocks" category of neither too heavy, nor too light. Stout, well balanced, and very well made, you don't have to worry about grip/hilts falling apart, nor do you have to worry about their longevity. JMHO, and YMMV. I'll take a quality kukri over more conventional blades of similar weight, any day. If it's good enough for the Gurkhas, it's certainly good enough for me.

DocJD, nephron and The Whip like this.
  13. mwhich50

mwhich50 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 18, 2011
    I've seen the show once. I don't like watching knife abuse.

[​IMG]

14. hermit dave

hermit dave Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2011
    For this competition the longer bladed and two-handed gripped knives/swords seem to do the best