Knife or Death

When watching the new show I often wonder how Cold Steel knives would fare on the course. I would choose either a Gurkha Kukri Plus or San Mai Trail Master. What Cold Steel knife would you use?

When watching the new show I often wonder how Cold Steel knives would fare on the course. I would choose either a Gurkha Kukri Plus or San Mai Trail Master. What Cold Steel knife would you use?

Got a lotta love for TM SM but the Kukri might do better, would be interesting to see which does best. I was also thinking Magnum Tanto XII but it might be a little too light in weight. I think you have it covered.

Actually someone did come on the show with a Cold Steel knife. I cant remember what the model was though. they did well but did not win

I was thrown off by the customized Messer. The show wanted custom knives only. Now if CS had a custom shop that would be pretty slick.

Got a lotta love for TM SM but the Kukri might do better, would be interesting to see which does best. I was also thinking Magnum Tanto XII but it might be a little too light in weight. I think you have it covered.

I have the oldest iteration of the Kukri Plus, as well as the San Mai III Magnum Tanto Plus XII. You're correct, nephron, the Magnum Tanto XII is far too light. The Kukri Plus, however, depending upon whatever the best grade of steel available now is, should be more than equal to the task. I'm constantly amazed by the quality and feel of the CS Kukri premium grade knives. They fall in-between other quality kukri's, vis-a-vis weight, being in the "Goldilocks" category of neither too heavy, nor too light. Stout, well balanced, and very well made, you don't have to worry about grip/hilts falling apart, nor do you have to worry about their longevity. JMHO, and YMMV. I'll take a quality kukri over more conventional blades of similar weight, any day. If it's good enough for the Gurkhas, it's certainly good enough for me.

I've seen the show once. I don't like watching knife abuse.

th

For this competition the longer bladed and two-handed gripped knives/swords seem to do the best

Back