knife sights in central Texas

pso

Hello

In two days, I am going on a work related trip to Houston, Austin and maybe Dallas. What knife related "sightseeing" (such as knife shops, etc.) do you recommend? I will most likely have evenings and a weekend free.

Recommendations for good, inexpensive places to eat would be gretly appreciated too. The Mexican and Tex/Mex food here in New Zealand is not particularly good (soggy nachos... ugh!).

Thanks.

Phil

If I weren't moving this weekend, I'd have been glad to show you around. When in Houston, you *must* stop by Texas Knifemaker's Supply (closed Sundays). There is also a good place called
Collector's Firearms but it's run by a bunch of questionable characters, so you may just want to look. There are actually quite a few knife makers in the Houston area, the problem is that you can drive for two hours, and still not make it from one side of the city. It's bigger than Rhode Island. :mad:

Sorry for not seeing this sooner. If you are going to be in Houston anytime soon, send me an email or look me up in the directory and maybe we can touch base. Lots of "honest to God" Tex-Mex in the area. Texas Knifemaker's Supply is here as well.

In the Dallas area (actually Fort Worth) stop by the House of Blades out on 820. They are in the local telephone directory. They have a number of factory blades along with some custom stuff as well.

C Wilkins

Back