Knife Things to See/Do Texas

LoveTheBlade

Gold Member
I'm visiting Texas right now, staying in Frisco, Then off to Austin then San Antonio, any cool Knife shops, Gun shops, museums? Planning to see the alamo and the River Walk.

Big knife shop at 199 & 820 in Fort Worth
Beretta Gallery in Dallas (Preston Rd) for some neat guns

There isn't much in the way of a proper knife shop in ATX. I used to check out Top Brass in San Antonio, heard their inventory has grown since last I was there. Nagel's in 'tone has a huge selection but very steep prices. Cabela's in Buda (just south of Austin) or random gun shops are going to be your best bet for knives in Austin.

If you're game for the best BBQ you've ever had, hit up la Barbecue 2027 E Cesar Chavez in Austin. The brisket will change your life.

Last edited:
You could always stick a pig. To get you in the mood for a BBQ afterward.

House of Blades in Fort Worth. A must see. The largest brick and mortar cutlery store in Texas. They have everything from Vintage and new Case collectibles and users, to Gransfors Bruks axes, and all the latest and greatest mid tech knives you've seen.

Yeah, I second the House of Blades visit!

If you can make it out to Bowie TX (a little NNW of Fort Worth) you can have your picture taken with the worlds largest Bowie Knife. That's a must for any respectable Knife Knut!

Last edited:
In Austin, go to the Bob Bullock museum and the Capitol. Go to Papalote on South Lamar for good tacos (avoid Tacodeli), then go to Lockhart for real barbecue. Also, the best breakfast tacos in Austin are at Texas Honey Ham in Westlake (go after 9 to miss the high school traffic).

Knife-wise, go to McBride's gun shop in Austin (usually a good selection of Spydercos, ZT, Benchmade and the like along with some customs). Sportsman's Finest and Red's Shooting Range (the one on 290 West) used to have a good selection as well but I haven't been in a few years.

If you're down south check out Carroll's Gun Shop near Wharton, west of Houston. Picked up my Dozier there a few years back. Great selection. LEO equipment and lots of firearms, too.

If you're in frisco, maybe make a ten minute drive to Willowbend Mall, there's a knife store inside that has customs, as well as older blades and more common knives. Not very big, but they always have new and interesting things coming in

Back