Knife Things to See/Do Texas

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by LoveTheBlade, Dec 5, 2019.

1. LoveTheBlade

LoveTheBlade Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 1, 2003
    I'm visiting Texas right now, staying in Frisco, Then off to Austin then San Antonio, any cool Knife shops, Gun shops, museums? Planning to see the alamo and the River Walk.

2. Whitedog

Whitedog

Dec 30, 2005
    Texas Ranger Museums Waco, Tx.

3fifty7 and Kevin Wilkins like this.
  3. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Check the basement at the Alamo

oldmanwilly likes this.
  4. Gaspumps

Gaspumps

May 14, 2012
    Big knife shop at 199 & 820 in Fort Worth
    Beretta Gallery in Dallas (Preston Rd) for some neat guns

3fifty7 likes this.
  5. kniferbro

kniferbro Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 22, 2011
    There isn't much in the way of a proper knife shop in ATX. I used to check out Top Brass in San Antonio, heard their inventory has grown since last I was there. Nagel's in 'tone has a huge selection but very steep prices. Cabela's in Buda (just south of Austin) or random gun shops are going to be your best bet for knives in Austin.

If you're game for the best BBQ you've ever had, hit up la Barbecue 2027 E Cesar Chavez in Austin. The brisket will change your life.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    PNWhovian likes this.
  6. marchone

marchone Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2013
    You could always stick a pig. To get you in the mood for a BBQ afterward.

7. Hale Storm

Hale Storm Kydex Whisperer Gold Member

Sep 18, 2013
    House of Blades in Fort Worth. A must see. The largest brick and mortar cutlery store in Texas. They have everything from Vintage and new Case collectibles and users, to Gransfors Bruks axes, and all the latest and greatest mid tech knives you've seen.

8. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Yeah, I second the House of Blades visit!

If you can make it out to Bowie TX (a little NNW of Fort Worth) you can have your picture taken with the worlds largest Bowie Knife. That's a must for any respectable Knife Knut!
    download.jpg

9. oldmanwilly

oldmanwilly Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2014
    In Austin, go to the Bob Bullock museum and the Capitol. Go to Papalote on South Lamar for good tacos (avoid Tacodeli), then go to Lockhart for real barbecue. Also, the best breakfast tacos in Austin are at Texas Honey Ham in Westlake (go after 9 to miss the high school traffic).

Knife-wise, go to McBride's gun shop in Austin (usually a good selection of Spydercos, ZT, Benchmade and the like along with some customs). Sportsman's Finest and Red's Shooting Range (the one on 290 West) used to have a good selection as well but I haven't been in a few years.

10. Alberta Ed

Alberta Ed

Jun 29, 1999
    If you're down south check out Carroll's Gun Shop near Wharton, west of Houston. Picked up my Dozier there a few years back. Great selection. LEO equipment and lots of firearms, too.

11. AdamFuzzyballs

AdamFuzzyballs

Mar 16, 2015
    If you're in frisco, maybe make a ten minute drive to Willowbend Mall, there's a knife store inside that has customs, as well as older blades and more common knives. Not very big, but they always have new and interesting things coming in

12. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Gotta see a buccee’s

oldmanwilly likes this.