Knife variety at gunshows

So I've been selling at gunshows for a number of years and although I'm making money I still haven't found a strategy that's worked particularly well. Lately I've been selling mostly cheap Chinese knives for $10 they make good money but at the same time I want to get back into some more name brand stuff. In the past I've done well with kershaw and spyderco they just take a large investment and I'm strapped for cash until the holiday season starts to pick up. Any suggestions?

Might need dealer membership to ask business strategy questions?

Well, your going to have to look at a small business loan to get your inventory up to speed. Or an investor. get a business plan together and go talk to your local SBA and see if they are willing to help out. You'd be surprised how many people have disposable income to invest on a hobby project like that.

The secret is to increase revenue.

Of course that goes for any business, so I'm not entirely sure what the discussion has to do with General Knife Discussion...maybe the Community Center would be more effective?

Try selling the cheaper Kershaw and CRKT, also the Ganzo line. Better quality and designs. At gunshows where I live there are a few who do good with those. Some go Benchmade, but that takes money. Nobody does Spyderco any more since they changed things awhile back.

The secret is to increase revenue.

LOL! My dad once tried to advise me on my golf swing. He said "You're standing too close to the ball.... after you hit it." Big help.

I would also suggest the lower priced brands like Kershaw and CRKT. People at a gun show looking to spend $300 are looking for a gun, usually.

I favor a variety of medium good and less expensive knives for your tables. Money is the problem for increasing inventory. Only real option is a loan. Perhaps money from the equity line on your house (assuming you own a house)? Other than that or a good friend willing to hand you some money, you will have to wait for cash flow to catch you up.

Back