Knifecenter is showing S90V Gunhammers?

I dunno what to think but as long as my Forum knife shows up with no flaws I'll be happy!!

Indeed, update is appreciated, and I also appreciate what you do, Neuron. I do wish we'd known that he'd be farming out the rest of the steel for other projects, and that those other ones could have been held for another few months or year. It's not like the steel goes bad! But I can understand needing to turn it into cash.

Yeah thanks for the update Neuron, I figured Darrel would clear things up. A $35 more premium isn't bad IMHO.

Now if only I could get one with bolt-action lock... well, that and m390/damascus san mai, textured damascus frame, and malachite inlay...

I know I'm not involved in this knife anymore but I remember you all saying the forum knife would be put in a delay for another project that had to be done before this knife could be started. Wonder if the KC version was that..?

Regardless, it looks beautiful to say the least. I'll have to pick up a KC variant just so I have a gunny.

KC using S90V does not bother me, Darryl buying a bunch of S90V knowing he would do another batch for someone, does not bother me. Forum members getting so freaked out about the handle color drove me nuts. If we would have gone to a standard color like gray or whatever when the green started to be an issue we would probably have the knives in our pockets. And we would have a higher level anodize (Type III) if I recall correctly.

It is just a F'ing knife. I wanted the S90V not the rare shade of green that no one could agree on. I will never do a group buy again either but not because of the knifemaker.

P.S. it has been 2 weeks since the statement was made about pics in a week

Back