knifemaking forum

I think there should be some forums about knifemaking, aside from the shoptalk forum. Maybe a folding knife forum, or a custom knifemaking forum. Anyone else?

The question, however, is will there be enough sustainable traffic to warrant such a forum? And how many sub-forums?

Do we really need a "heat-and-beat" forum? Or a "how to make slip joints" forum?

Or are they just better off in the Shop Talk forum?

I am not a maker and so my opinion here might not be of much value, but I think the Shop Talk forum is really all that is needed here. As you already know, the CKD forum has forums that cover anything you would ever want to know about knifemaking and then some. BladeForums is more of a general knife information forum. Personally, I think that if you want to know something about knifemaking and you ask it in the Shop Talk forum you will get some great replies. Instead of having the makers spread over a bunch of different forums, here you have them all in one. That way you are going to have pretty well all the makers that take part on BladeForums looking at your post and replying with whatever information they feel will be helpful.

I noticed in your post on this topic that you started in the Blade Discussion Forum, you seemed to think that Shop Talk was a bladesmith forum and you wanted to know where stock removal guys could go to get the info they needed. There are stock removal guys on the Shop Talk forum as well. Kit Carson is the Moderator and he is one of the great stock removal makers. You will find others that hang out there as well. Give it a chance. You may just find that Shop Talk is all you really need.

yeah thats kinda what I figured. I like to post at CKd forums very much and it is a great resource but at bladeforums there are many more people. Well Ill stop whining and leave u guysd alone thanks 4 the replies.

Back