Knights of Columbus Sword

Hello and hopefully i can get some information on my sword. I aquired a beautiful sword from another collector that is a mystery to me. It is apparently a Knights of Columbus sword but is different from most that I have seen during my search to learn more about it. It came with an actual medal/pendant/medallion that says KoC on it with the initials of the owner on the reverse side. The sword itself was owned by a man by the name of Lloyd Albert Heikes (on the blade) and is in excellent condition. The sheath is reported to be covered in gold leaf and the pommel has what looks to be Ivory on the handle with the initials of Lloyd as well as some masonic symbols like the all seeing eye. There is decoration all over the sheath as well as the blade, most being masonic symbols. There is a gargoyle on the very end of the pommel and the cross section of the pommel contains an all seeing eye on each side. There is differences between each side of the all seeing eyes though. one side of the eyes is the gold of the rest of the sword, but on the other side there is what looks to be built up dried blood around the edges of the symbols. The maker of the sword is The McGilley Co. in Columbus Ohio. The back of the sheath has the number 32 in 3 different places

Are you sure it is a gargoyle?

Pictures would be cool. Take a minute to sign up for https://imgur.com/ to share using the bb tags img /img in [brackets].

The three typically seen are a flying eagle and two versions of a bust of Columbus. The flying eagle may have been worn down.

Cheers
GC

il_570xN.1570041513_bo5z.jpg

Back