Knives and Cameras ....

i-FQ472VL-X4.jpg

Fuji X100V and a Minolta X-700, I have a D5500 that’s eventually gonna get replaced with a D850 at some point next year most likely. Didn’t feel like digging out the Nikon 😀 The X100V is by far my favorite camera, so versatile and compact.

eUGcwvy.jpg

Still using the plain X100 here, love it though, great travel camera !

Here is a pre motor drive Olympus OM-1 with 50mm f1.4 lens and a ZT0562BLK with a copper weave carbon fiber scale.

Gorgeous: MaitaniSan's master-piece. My very first camera was a 2n, and I worked for two weeks in a factory as 14-year old to buy it. Thanks for sharing !

Roland.

Gorgeous: MaitaniSan's master-piece. My very first camera was a 2n, and I worked for two weeks in a factory as 14-year old to buy it. Thanks for sharing !

Roland.

Thanks Roland. The single digit OM cameras are great. I have had quite a few and sold them all off except this beauty. I like how light and simple it is. Do you still have your 2n?

JonesE

Thanks Roland. The single digit OM cameras are great. I have had quite a few and sold them all off except this beauty. I like how light and simple it is. Do you still have your 2n?

JonesE

Unfortunately not, it was stolen when I was in my mid 20s. But I still have a 2n, of course :) I like everything about the OMs, the simplicity, the clear viewfinder, the sound, etc.

Great.

Two of the things I like most - cameras and knives.

Another thread to follow and post.

Sheesh.

J/K - great idea for a thread IMHO, going to enjoy the photos. Especially any of the old classics.

I'll have to start including cameras more often. Recycled photo from earlier this year.

original.jpg

My lazy camera, for when I don't feel like manual metering.
The 50 1.2 is brutal, the DOF is like a razor.

View attachment 1568151

I had an OM10, my first SLR!

Now that's a combo that I like- body and lens. (The knife isn't bad either.)

My first SLR was a Petri V6 with 1.7 or 1.8 lens, absolutely no electronics at all in that camera. My brother in law was in the navy so I bribed him with photos of his new baby to get him to bring me back a new camera. He got himself an Asahi Pentax Spotmatic and I got a Canon FT. I wanted black body and 1.2 lens like your combo but I got silver body and 1.4 lens. I used it 6 or so years then had enough money to buy a Nikon FE and 1.4 lens. I still have to body but not the lens, although these days I use a D750 and D810.

Now that's a combo that I like- body and lens. (The knife isn't bad either.)

My first SLR was a Petri V6 with 1.7 or 1.8 lens, absolutely no electronics at all in that camera. My brother in law was in the navy so I bribed him with photos of his new baby to get him to bring me back a new camera. He got himself an Asahi Pentax Spotmatic and I got a Canon FT. I wanted black body and 1.2 lens like your combo but I got silver body and 1.4 lens. I used it 6 or so years then had enough money to buy a Nikon FE and 1.4 lens. I still have to body but not the lens, although these days I use a D750 and D810.

I had a Spotmatic II with the Takumar lenses. Great camera, one I wish I hadn't sold.
FE2 is my fav, I prefer the match needle meter. I had all the Fs: FM2, FA, etc. The body is creeping up in value.

My digital:

IMG_0445.jpg

It's gotta be like ten years old and has 34.5k actuations but still going strong. I need to clean the sensor.
I also had a D7000, D7100 (I just had to see the difference between DX and FF) and I started with a D200.
Toss a Fuji X10 in there for some flavor.
I'm a 50 prime shooter too, though I do have the 16-35, and 70-200.
Been thinking about the D750 or stepping into 800 land but I don't shoot enough digital anymore to justify the upgrade.
Ha! I think that knife cost more than the camera!

Been thinking about the D750
The sensors are identical or virtually identical between D600 and D750 so you wouldn't see a change in image quality. A D810 would give images that seem sharper, partly because of the increased resolution and partly because it doesn't have the AA filter on the sensor.

Back