Knives and Coffee

i9AyETo.jpg

Highs in the 80s this weekend, cold brew season kicking into high gear. Forgot a batch for a day a month or two ago, and discovered I really like a 36 hour steep, actually tastes like coffee.
G0nbOkG.jpg
Just took some cold brew out this morning. I went about 16 hours. I’ve never went 36. 18 is about as long as I’ve gone before

Just took some cold brew out this morning. I went about 16 hours. I’ve never went 36. 18 is about as long as I’ve gone before
The bitter flavors start coming through a lot more I the longer steep. Quite possibly not to everyone’s taste, but I really enjoy it. I always add cream, and that tempers it a good bit, too, YMMV.

The bitter flavors start coming through a lot more I the longer steep. Quite possibly not to everyone’s taste, but I really enjoy it. I always add cream, and that tempers it a good bit, too, YMMV.
15 hours is usually what I aim for. I drink all my coffee black and with cold brew I add ice and water. Medium roast is usually where I stay at. Dark roasts are real hit and miss for me.

Back