Knives and flashlights ( traditional )

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
Let's see your traditional flashlights and knives, well as traditional as a flashlight can get in today's day and age. ( As long as it doesn't look tacticool it's probably traditional enough )

I just bought this 2AAA 111L led mini maglite today at the local hardware store where I got that Vic recruit and wouldn't ya know it was the exact same price.

The Bushnell flashlight I've been using for the past year is great but the tacticool look just never pleased me.
I saw this and couldn't pass it up, ever since I was a kid when I thought flashlight I pictured the mini maglite my dad always carried or Eveready penlite me grandfather had in his shirt pocket.
( The Bushnell is going to my dad to use for work btw )

Last edited:
Here are a couple of classics, a barlow and a Surefire 6P. At 25+ years old the flashlight is positively ancient, but its removable head allows the user update it indefinitely. It's an inspired design.

25978207797_e28818f8b4_c.jpg

Here are a couple of classics, a barlow and a Surefire 6P. At 25+ years old the flashlight is positively ancient, but its removable head allows the user update it indefinitely. It's an inspired design.

25978207797_e28818f8b4_c.jpg
That's definitely a classic flashlight, and the Barlow is one of the most classic.

Just curious, is that some kind of lighter in the first picture ?
Yes, it is a Tommy lighter made in England. I really don't know a lot about it or it's vintage; 1920's - 1930's???

If anyone else knows anything about these lighters, chime in.

What is it Jason?
It's the OVEREADY BOSS 35. Bare T7075 patina'd aluminum. Triple led with an amber seconday led. 4 modes and fully programmable. How it gets programmed is pretty sweet. I haven't messed with mine for over a year though.

That A. Wright & Sons Lammbfoot is very nice. How do you like that Peak Eiger?

Thanks, my friend.:) That ebony Lambsfoot has about a year of pretty solid carry and use on it, by now.

I really like the copper Peak Eiger. I have one with the high CRI (Colour Rendering Index) Cree XPG emitter, which gives a beautiful, clean, warm toned light throw. It's been an excellent, super tough and durable flashlight. One of the reasons I got it was to check out Peak LED Solutions' use of QTC (Quantum Tunneling Composite) technology. For those not familiar with QTC tech, it's basically a polymer disc which has micron sized nickel particles suspended through it. When it's at rest under the negative battery terminal, it's an almost perfect insulator. When it's under pressure, the nickel particles are squeezed closer together and electrons can pass through, making an almost perfect conductor. Basically it means that, you have no electronics, beside the LED, and infinitely adjustable light output from a dim glowing matchhead, to a very bright and clean flood, just by varying the twisty pressure on the head. I think we'll see a lot more of this technology, replacing conventional switches in the future.

If I could change anything, I'd have one with the momentary pressure switch on the end, instead of the keychain lug, but I'll probably just get another Peak model with that feature.:rolleyes:;):thumbsup:

Back