Knives and videogames

Off the top of my head, I'd add a couple of knives/daggers from mods in Skyrim. Ebony Replacer and the Medieval Inspired Weapon Pack. The Ebony dagger (well all the weapons) just looks awesome and the MIWP actually has legit looking daggers.

A bonus video i stumbled across a few years back. :D

Last edited:
It's funny, when I think about videogames and knives, the work of Elijah Isham comes to my mind . Maybe because I have been playing gigatons of hours on Halo, but his design make me think about the Covenant weaponry.

I like the big dagger Corvo uses in the Dishonored series.

My favorite video game knife......um well nevermind, I guess it's not a knife that you find in the police station shower of GTA San Andreas :D

My actual favorite video game knife would be the combat knives in Perfect dark on Nintendo 64.
They're probably the only non realistic video game weapon i like.
I love how you can dual wield them to slash or throw them in their " poison knife " function.

PC Gamer just published an article about the best knives in PC Gaming history.

I was wondering if there are other gamer knifenuts around here.

Let's complete the list!

Sometimes when I’m running and I want to go faster I just pull out my knife.

18j3g3a8wsz7xjpg.jpg

This knife in Counterstrike 1.6 is actually based off a Strider Knife.

In Metal Gear Solid 3, Big Boss carries two knives. One for utility is a nondescript sawback knife which looks like a longer ASEK knife.
mgs3_knife_by_00snake_d2nzp9n-pre.jpg

His knife for fighting is based on the Strider HT-S
SK_12818_1_800.jpg

In Metal Gear Solid 2 Vamp also sports a Strider Valkyrie knife.
1_56c4be54aa83261bbc0dc7dc25f92bc2.jpg

I don't play Counter Strike but whenever I would watch
commentary videos on YT this knife stood out to me.
EvANfDa.png

It's called the Falchion,it looks a lot like the
Cold Steel Espada.
bfl8irQ.jpg

There was a tanto or wakizashi (spelling?) in Far Cry 2 that I used really quite a bit. I spent a lot of time observing patrol routes so I could clear out whole outposts with silent sneak attack insta-kills without being detected.

In fact, I do that in any game that gives me the option. Deus Ex, the Deus Ex reboot, No One Lives Forever 1+2, etc. lotsa killing/knocking out mobs and hiding bodies.

Not many knives in video games that I actually like or consider notable. But I did like a lot of the weapon designs in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. They struck a good balance between being realistic and being fantasy. I was actually pleasantly surprised to see the Lizal Boomerang variants, which were clearly based off of African throwing knives.

Battlefield 1 has a very cool and generous range of melee weapons including a bunch of iconic knives. Like the US Trench Knife, Le Vengeur du 1870, Sawtooth Knife, Bolo, kukri, and jambiyas.

As a curious fact, I was number 1 on xbox worldwide for kills with the cavalry saber. Which only means I played too much :p.

I remember the original Far Cry on the old Xbox using a butterfly knife towards the beginning. That was first game I played that allowed you to build your own multiplayer maps.

Serious Sam starts out with a Ka-Bar along with his Colt and Serious Sam is the best. Anyone else remember that scene in the desert when all those headless guys with bombs strapped to their hands charge at you? “Ahhhhhh yourself”.

Battlefield 1 has a very cool and generous range of melee weapons including a bunch of iconic knives. Like the US Trench Knife, Le Vengeur du 1870, Sawtooth Knife, Bolo, kukri, and jambiyas.

As a curious fact, I was number 1 on xbox worldwide for kills with the cavalry saber. Which only means I played too much :p.
Or you were the only one using it :D

Back