1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Knives and videogames

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by FullMetalJackass, Jul 17, 2019.

1. FullMetalJackass

FullMetalJackass Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 10, 2016
  2. benchwarmer380

benchwarmer380 Valyrian Member Platinum Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Off the top of my head, I'd add a couple of knives/daggers from mods in Skyrim. Ebony Replacer and the Medieval Inspired Weapon Pack. The Ebony dagger (well all the weapons) just looks awesome and the MIWP actually has legit looking daggers.

A bonus video i stumbled across a few years back. :D

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  3. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    Big fan of the New Vegas knife on that list.
    I also like the Antler Knife from Red Dead Redemption 2.

benchwarmer380 likes this.
  4. FullMetalJackass

FullMetalJackass Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 10, 2016
    It's funny, when I think about videogames and knives, the work of Elijah Isham comes to my mind . Maybe because I have been playing gigatons of hours on Halo, but his design make me think about the Covenant weaponry.

I like the big dagger Corvo uses in the Dishonored series.

Gravy and benchwarmer380 like this.
  5. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    My favorite video game knife......um well nevermind, I guess it's not a knife that you find in the police station shower of GTA San Andreas :D

My actual favorite video game knife would be the combat knives in Perfect dark on Nintendo 64.
    They're probably the only non realistic video game weapon i like.
    I love how you can dual wield them to slash or throw them in their " poison knife " function.

6. Mrgauth

Mrgauth Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2016
    I never tire of watching Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell Blacklist slice up terrorists with that bad ass karambit.

JJHollowman and FullMetalJackass like this.
  7. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    Sometimes when I’m running and I want to go faster I just pull out my knife.

[​IMG]

This knife in Counterstrike 1.6 is actually based off a Strider Knife.

In Metal Gear Solid 3, Big Boss carries two knives. One for utility is a nondescript sawback knife which looks like a longer ASEK knife.
    [​IMG]

His knife for fighting is based on the Strider HT-S
    [​IMG]

In Metal Gear Solid 2 Vamp also sports a Strider Valkyrie knife.
    [​IMG]

FullMetalJackass likes this.
  8. User27

User27

Apr 23, 2017
    I don't play Counter Strike but whenever I would watch
    commentary videos on YT this knife stood out to me.
    [​IMG]
    It's called the Falchion,it looks a lot like the
    Cold Steel Espada.
    [​IMG]

FullMetalJackass likes this.
  9. Larrin

Larrin Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Fun article. We need more video game knives that are used for cutting vegetables and opening packages.

madcap_magician and WValtakis like this.
  10. User27

User27

Apr 23, 2017
    It is not a knife but this one is used to open
    doors,gates,and wooden chests.
    [​IMG]
    It's a Keyblade.

Lapedog likes this.
  11. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Ha, no offense, but I hope you are never in charge of a videogame. :p

12. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    Oh, and the switchblade from GTAV

13. unwisefool

Jan 22, 2007
    I liked those games until I had no clue what the hell was going on.

User27 likes this.
  14. Larrin

Larrin Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2004
    And we could spend a day in a cubicle answering emails. Perhaps we could watch grass grow and paint dry as well. I have lots of good video game ideas.

willc and FortyTwoBlades like this.
  15. Comeuppance

Comeuppance Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary Gold Member

Jan 12, 2013
    There was a tanto or wakizashi (spelling?) in Far Cry 2 that I used really quite a bit. I spent a lot of time observing patrol routes so I could clear out whole outposts with silent sneak attack insta-kills without being detected.

In fact, I do that in any game that gives me the option. Deus Ex, the Deus Ex reboot, No One Lives Forever 1+2, etc. lotsa killing/knocking out mobs and hiding bodies.

Rykjeklut likes this.
  16. Gravy

Gravy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2014
    Can't forget about the Spy's bali from TF2. Gotta watch for those backstabs....

User27 likes this.
  17. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    Not many knives in video games that I actually like or consider notable. But I did like a lot of the weapon designs in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. They struck a good balance between being realistic and being fantasy. I was actually pleasantly surprised to see the Lizal Boomerang variants, which were clearly based off of African throwing knives.

18. Legendary_Jarl

Legendary_Jarl

Feb 8, 2010
    Battlefield 1 has a very cool and generous range of melee weapons including a bunch of iconic knives. Like the US Trench Knife, Le Vengeur du 1870, Sawtooth Knife, Bolo, kukri, and jambiyas.

As a curious fact, I was number 1 on xbox worldwide for kills with the cavalry saber. Which only means I played too much :p.

19. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    I remember the original Far Cry on the old Xbox using a butterfly knife towards the beginning. That was first game I played that allowed you to build your own multiplayer maps.

Serious Sam starts out with a Ka-Bar along with his Colt and Serious Sam is the best. Anyone else remember that scene in the desert when all those headless guys with bombs strapped to their hands charge at you? “Ahhhhhh yourself”.

20. unwisefool

Jan 22, 2007
    Or you were the only one using it :D