Photos Knives & Guns

NfrdJ1w.jpeg

Nice blade!! Any more pics.?? Info on it too please!!!! Thanx!!!

One thing for sure - after the Shiro brothers opened up the way to the West years ago,
now so many talented Russian designers are coming this way... That lock looks fire !
Thank you for sharing :thumbsup: Now I'll have to look for a Russian knife in my collection and the good ones aren't cheap... 🤣
I lucked out with this one. The maker was mostly designing for Steel Will Knives and had only recently decided to start making folders based on his new designs. And somehow I ended up being one of the few non-Russian IG followers when he put this up for sale. I got it at a relatively low price and shortly after that, his books closed up and he started selling them for 2-3+ times the cost for me. I think you're right about Shiro and makers like Dmitry Sinkevich paving the way

og1156j.jpeg

Kaizen1 Kaizen1 I’m following the brothers and the rest of the first knife makers as Sinkevich since very beginning.
l still have few Russian connections but never used it. I admire their craftsmanship and attention to details, most of those model as are truly beautiful and I’m sure every owner will cherish it and enjoy it and it’ll be for a good reason.
With this said, Shiros never clicked with me, besides slight change in finishes and forms, they all look the same to me and actually l never liked such blade geometry, frame locks and metal handles, often the clip will fall over the lock bar and even I never heard of issues with the Russian knifes, I try to stay away of such setups…
And one thing for sure - They price their knives way over what they should, IMO. I can get Bill Hearsy folder for about $400 give or take, but Shiros are $1400 ? Really, why ? Again, I’m not questioning the style and craftsmanship, I love to look at those and enjoy them but the price is too high. I lived in Russia for few years, l think holding the higher price is just marketing strategy of the “Novie Ruskie” and I’m much more interested of knives like the one you showed than the “classic” Shiro manufacturing… For me this is like admiring Marfione’s $3000 mirror polished and pimped up Troodon that I will never buy even I can probably shell out the funds, l feel the same about the “classic’ high end Russian knives… They are plenty new Russian knife makers that makes much more appealing to me knives than the mainstream around-a-grand “new” Shirogroov or Sinkevich models. I really hope none of the Shiro owners gets offended, it’s just me and my opinion.
‘I like the geometry of your knife a lot, you are really lucky to get this one, I envy you in a good way, of course, love i, lm sure you’re enjoying it !

I’m loving the handguns and AR-15s, but when are we going to break out the ELRs/PRS/big semis? I need to hook up Imgur. Loved the KAC sr25 upper several posts ago!

Back