Knives on my cat

It's extra hard as while I was sick with liver disease that boy rarely left my bed. I used to FaceTime with him while I was in the hospital after the transplant, I was two hours from home for 8 mths. My dad would hold up the phone, Finn would meow and rub his face on the phone.

Due to my health volatility, I probably won't get another pet. It's also such a long commitment, and having lost my dad 18mths ago at age 65, I don't want to abandon a pet. Rusty is still barely alive,but he doesn't do much anymore. Lays in the same spot all day. We shall see, maybe down the road I'll get another kitty.

View attachment 2252384
I understand what you mean about not wanting to abandon a pet. My wife volunteers at a feline shelter and one thing that is always in short supply is volunteers to interact with the kitties. When a person is taking care of the physical needs, food, water, clean litter box, there is very little time to simply interact with the kitties. There is an elderly gentleman, like yourself not wanting to adopt and abandon, that comes in a couple times a week for an hour or so and all he does is pet, hold and play with kitties. It is a benefit on each side. He still has interaction with the kitties, so he has "adopted" the entire room of kitties and the kitties get human time they need and want.
Might be something to ponder if your health permits.

I understand what you mean about not wanting to abandon a pet. My wife volunteers at a feline shelter and one thing that is always in short supply is volunteers to interact with the kitties. When a person is taking care of the physical needs, food, water, clean litter box, there is very little time to simply interact with the kitties. There is an elderly gentleman, like yourself not wanting to adopt and abandon, that comes in a couple times a week for an hour or so and all he does is pet, hold and play with kitties. It is a benefit on each side. He still has interaction with the kitties, so he has "adopted" the entire room of kitties and the kitties get human time they need and want.
I have pondered it, and in fact I often did that back when I was on my own and would be at PetSmart getting food and litter. I'd stop and play with the kitties if I had time and if the adoption area was open.

I am by no means old (44), but from 2016-2020 I was unable to care for my cat. Luckily my family took me and Finn in. I'll be moving out again by spring. Once the family business is sold (October tentatively) I'll be looking for a job and a place to live southeast of Houston.

I have pondered it, and in fact I often did that back when I was on my own and would be at PetSmart getting food and litter. I'd stop and play with the kitties if I had time and if the adoption area was open.

I am by no means old (44), but from 2016-2020 I was unable to care for my cat. Luckily my family took me and Finn in. I'll be moving out again by spring. Once the family business is sold (October tentatively) I'll be looking for a job and a place to live southeast of Houston.
Understand. I hope the sale goes well. Hope you find the job and place you want.

^ This is so awesome! Thanks for sharing this!

In all the years that I've spent in this hobby (here & over on the JD), CM, will always go down as thee most unique, charismatic, most kind heart-ed human beings I've been fortunate to meet. I still think about CM every once in awhile... his very quirky sense of humor, all of the awesome, zany, humorous, entertaining, informative YT videos he posted over the years....

But the 1 thing that always stood out to me above everything else: Was the sweet and gentle love that CM always had for all of his cats which we're always all over the place in all of his videos. < That, along his sobriety and service to our Country.

I realize that this is a cat friendly thread, started by CM....buit I know that CM wouldn't care me sharing that I love all animals, and is probably the reason why I don't hunt anymore. I recently joined IG, mainly related to my passion for the Ocean/surfing... and I was fortunate to come across this very kind soul who operates a dog rescue over in Bali (which reminded me of your post and the compassionate work with cats your wonderful wife donates her valuable time for) :

I'm hoping I can visit this place on my next surf adventure over to Bali:

RIP CMFTW

^ This is so awesome! Thanks for sharing this!

In all the years that I've spent in this hobby (here & over on the JD), CM, will always go down as thee most unique, charismatic, most kind heart-ed human beings I've been fortunate to meet. I still think about CM every once in awhile... his very quirky sense of humor, all of the awesome, zany, humorous, entertaining, informative YT videos he posted over the years....

But the 1 thing that always stood out to me above everything else: Was the sweet and gentle love that CM always had for all of his cats which we're always all over the place in all of his videos. < That, along his sobriety and service to our Country.

I realize that this is a cat friendly thread, started by CM....buit I know that CM wouldn't care me sharing that I love all animals, and is probably the reason why I don't hunt anymore. I recently joined IG, mainly related to my passion for the Ocean/surfing... and I was fortunate to come across this very kind soul who operates a dog rescue over in Bali (which reminded me of your post and the compassionate work with cats your wonderful wife donates her valuable time for) :

I'm hoping I can visit this place on my next surf adventure over to Bali:

RIP CMFTW
My pleasure.
In mid-January this year we lost our oldest. Deli was with us from March 2006. I became hers when I started working from home in March 2022. She was always around me or in my lap if I was not upstairs. As I held her as the last breath left her something changed in me. Don't know what but have not been able to go back to shelter and volunteer but once and I had to stay away from everyone. Now I volunteer by spreading the word about this shelter and trying to help others. I need to start back but have not been able to. I need to go over one evening when the shelter is closed and work through my issues and get back in the game.
I did not have the pleasure of meeting or knowing CM but most cat people are animal people.
Thank you for your kind words

Well, two weeks ago tomorrow, all my family's kitties have crossed the rainbow bridge to heaven. All that's left is my sister's annoying dog that I am deathly allergic to.

Starting in the spring (hopefully) I'll be living primarily southeast of Houston (near NASA) but will be going back and forth to Illinois frequently, a month or so visits several times per year until the family moves down. So, no pets for a while. My mom is back and forth between here and Colorado, and that's too much alone time, even for a kitten.

I'm not sure what to do about my BF moniker--how can I be the Kitten Of Death without a cat? Is it time for me to switch over to Non-Binary Walrus Of Death? N.B.W.O.D. doesn't have the same ring to it. I mean, I've gone by K.O.D. or Kitten Of Death for 17 years (long before I joined BF).

I was looking at the price of Bengals just for the halibut but yikes $2000? That cat better come with a years supply of food.

Well, two weeks ago tomorrow, all my family's kitties have crossed the rainbow bridge to heaven. All that's left is my sister's annoying dog that I am deathly allergic to.

Starting in the spring (hopefully) I'll be living primarily southeast of Houston (near NASA) but will be going back and forth to Illinois frequently, a month or so visits several times per year until the family moves down. So, no pets for a while. My mom is back and forth between here and Colorado, and that's too much alone time, even for a kitten.

I'm not sure what to do about my BF moniker--how can I be the Kitten Of Death without a cat? Is it time for me to switch over to Non-Binary Walrus Of Death? N.B.W.O.D. doesn't have the same ring to it. I mean, I've gone by K.O.D. or Kitten Of Death for 17 years (long before I joined BF).

I was looking at the price of Bengals just for the halibut but yikes $2000? That cat better come with a years supply of food.
Sorry my friend.

I was just made aware of this thread. This is Sunny (and a Finch Buffalo Tooth) I found Sunny when she was about a month old. She was clearly sick and the runt of the litter. A trip to the vet and a few weeks of meds and she is fine now at age 2. Sheā€™s tiny though. Looks about 2/3 the size of a normal domestic short hair. Sheā€™s also fascinated by all technology. I think sheā€™s learning what we can do before she launches a cat revolution aā€™ la Planet of the Apes. In the meantime, sheā€™s a good pal :)

20230914-104557.jpg

Back