knives out - a new movie hitting theatres this week

it's really looking like a modern who-dun-it movie, in the Agatha Christie style... but this picture may be appreciated by the forum ; )

knivesTOPALT-800x530.jpg

Saw it Saturday night. Good murder mystery. Lots of knives on the display in the living room. Some were recognizable blades and others just props. Listen closely to what "Harlen Thrombey" says about knives at the beginning of the movie.

it's an nteresting backdrop.
so is it just me, or is that prop made up entirely of
low cost knives (guessing Pakistani made)??!

I should see it in 4K. Some of blades look like ethnic ones (jambiya or kris or khukri), some may be just old, some even custom made, some are definitely crap.
Oh, a trench knife, bottom!
78971576_2706676666088227_561453019879702528_o.jpg
&

Let me guess. The murder weapon was a knife?

I'm looking forward to seeing this one as well.

I should see it in 4K. Some of blades look like ethnic ones (jambiya or kris or khukri), some may be just old, some even custom made, some are definitely crap.
Oh, a trench knife, bottom!
78971576_2706676666088227_561453019879702528_o.jpg
&
That’s an interesting presentation, but it makes for an extremely heavy display and maintenance would be a real challenge.

This one looks and sounds good. I’m really interested in seeing it, and I will eventually. Which is unusual, because not much coming out of Hollywood interests me anymore.

Jim

It's an excellent film. Very rare whodunnit that keeps you guessing right through (very nearly) to the end. Funny and well acted too. I highly recommend.

Ray

Ending was awesome. I think the knife circle thing was sort of a GoT Iron Throne ripoff using mostly junk knives but hey, anything to get the hobby out there.

My wife and I enjoyed this "who dun it" this past weekend. I nice change from endless explosions and CGI and all the characters are from Earth and not some far away galaxy.

,,,Mike in Canada

Definitely a movie worth seeing more than once. FYI, the murder weapon was not a knife. Or was it? Easily one of my top five for last year

Back