Photos Knives used by miliatry/armed units, verified.

Hello,

I'm always interested in the knives are actually used by military/armed units around the word. With some information and verified use only please, no generic stuff that everybody knows. I'm not interested in things that I everybody can read in those famous lists that google spits out if you search for terms "military knives" and similar. I will post a few examples, and I think that you will get the idea what counts to post in this thread and what to not.

if you want to post a knife yourself, keep it in this format:

Name (of the knife)
unit:
manufacturer
steel:
description:

photos/pictures

links with more information:

IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND HOW TO POST, TAKE A LOOK ON THE FIRST THREE POSTS IN THE THREAD, AND COPY IT.

Last edited:
Charon
unit: Chrudim Rapid Deployment Battalion - 43rd Airborne Regiment - Czech Army
manufacturer: first lieutenant Milan Novotný (units chaplain), troops themselves, Madarič knives, other
steel: K390(older models in 14260)
unique quote engraving: POT ŠETŘÍ KREV - SWEAT SAVES BLOOD

Most famous military knife in Czechia today. It was designed by maj. Roman Hippík, who is drill instructor of knife and hand to hand combat in the Czech army. Formerly produced by Maďarič knives but now what I know, it is produced by first lieutenant Milan Novotný who is units chaplain. Soldiers are eligible to have this knife after serving two years, after that they receive it together with a certificate of authenticity and its pretty big deal. Czech paratroopers are pretty much into knives and take their own Charon as a badge of honour.

photo:
charon.jpg

Ebsk-BAFX0-AAZshi.jpg

Ebsk-Bxz-WAAAwzr-L.jpg

Ebsk-Ckt-Wo-AACvf1.jpg

video comparison of older and newer version of the knife:

more reading:
https://www.czdefence.com/article/the-chrudim-paratroopers-took-over-the-first-charon-attack-knives
http://www.uton.cz/en/moderni-noze-acr-2/charon/

Last edited:
Kontos
unit: 73rd Tank Battalion - Czech army
manufacturer: ANV - Acta Non Verba knives
steel: Sleipner
unique: In the spirit of the knife that is intended for tank battalion, the pommel of the knife is made from authentic T72 series tank track pin.

Tank battalion command approached ANV in summer regarding the possibility of jointly developing a knife for members of the 73rd Tank Battalion. The authors of the knife are Sgt. Stach, SFC Knot and other members of the tank battalion, who designed and developed the form and construction of the M73 KONTOS knife in cooperation with Ondřej Němec from ANV. The first series of knives have been made exclusively for members of the 73rd Battalion, professional soldiers and active reserves in a numbered series.

Since the knife is just a few months old and there are no photos of the knife in use with the unit, here is at least some propagation video from the manufacture and something more:

DSCF5128.jpg

DSCF5131.jpg

https://www.anvknives.com/news-novinky/anv-m73-kontos/

Last edited:
DAFY
unit: 4th Rapid Deployment Brigade - Czech Army
manufacturer: Milan Pokorny Knives
steel: Elmax

Knife was originally made for soldiers of the 4th Rapid Deployment Brigade, designed by one of the paratroopers (nicknamed DAFY). There is a hammer in the back of the handle. The knife offers two grips, the classic for chopping and the "over choil" for fine work. In the rear part, on request, holes are added for quick delaboration of 5.56 × 45, 7.62 × 39 rounds, etc.

6.jpg

4.jpg

Sn-mek-obrazovky-2021-02-10-115331.jpg

https://www.pokornyknives.com/dafy

Silente
unit: Nucleo Operativo Centrale di Sicurezza - Italian Police counter-terrorism special unit
manufacturer: Extrema Ratio
steel: N690

Knife was submitted to the Unit, the Authorities, the Minister of Internal Affairs and the Chief of the State Police during the ceremony celebrating the N.O.C.S. 40th Anniversary. Unique in its kind and it performs unique needs: the handle is crafted in two parts and it works also as the grip of a clamp placed at the end of the handle itself. Besides taking hold of everything that has the appropriate dimensions, the clamp can be used to cut wire-fences, wire-rods, steel cables, etc. and it can be used as a glass breaker thanks to the tungsten carbide insert placed at its end.

silente1_600_4.jpg

70392649_1147448345465598_4169087881932963840_o.jpg

70815240_1147448312132268_8381272741319278592_o.jpg

70890506_1147448182132281_660311007981207552_o.jpg

https://www.extremaratio.com/silente.html

United Stated Marine Corps

- OKC-3S

- Ontario Knife Company

- 1095 carbon steel with a black zinc phosphate coating

- The Ontario Knife 6504 OKC 3S Bayonet is a fixed blade bayonet and one of the few American made bayonets available today AND is sold to the United States Marine Corps. The 8" combination edge blade is solid with a .200" blade thickness and a flat bevel with secondary flat bevel grind and an HRC of 55-57. A zinc phosphate finish over the 1095 carbon steel blade is sure to keep the blade of this Ontario Knife 6504 OKC 3S Bayonet sharp and in good working condition. The Ontario Knife 6504 OKC 3S Bayonet is complimented by a little over 5" modified brown Hytrel® handle

- This knife is most often issued to Marines that carry a rifle with full access to the bayonet lug. Marines that are issued the M249 or the M16/M203 are usually issued an Ontario Knives 8180 498 Marine Combat Knife instead.

- Even though I personally carried an M16/M203, I happened to also be issued this knife. They are very tough, and I used mine a lot for utilitarian tasks like prying and scraping. The handle profile and texture is good but the bayonet ring gets in the way when using it for utility tasks.

United_States_Marines_fixed_bayonets_Fallujah%2C_Iraq_November_2004.jpg

Last edited:
Kontos
unit: 73rd Tank Battalion - Czech army
manufacturer: ANV - Acta Non Verba knives
unique: In the spirit of the knife that is intended for tank battalion, the pommel of the knife is made from authentic T72 series tank track pin.

Tank battalion command approached ANV in summer regarding the possibility of jointly developing a knife for members of the 73rd Tank Battalion. The authors of the knife are Sgt. Stach, SFC Knot and other members of the tank battalion, who designed and developed the form and construction of the M73 KONTOS knife in cooperation with Ondřej Němec from ANV. The first series of knives have been made exclusively for members of the 73rd Battalion, professional soldiers and active reserves in a numbered series.

Since the knife is just a few months old and there are no photos of the knife in use with the unit, here is at least some propagation video from the manufacture and something more:

DSCF5128.jpg

DSCF5131.jpg

https://www.anvknives.com/news-novinky/anv-m73-kontos/
Wow that Kontos looks great, I love the profile. Not so much a fan of the coating but I'm sure it has tactical purposes.

I didn't know that commissioning knives for units was a thing, that's pretty cool and it seems like the Czechs do it quite a bit.

GUYS CAN YOU PLEASE STOP JUST POSTING PICTURES WITHOUT ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE KNIFE DESIGN AND UNIT WICH USES IS (USES! NOT USED!) AND KEEP IN THE FORMAT THAT I MENTIONED IN FIRST POST, QUALITY OVER QUANTITY:

Name (of the knife)
unit:
manufacturer
steel:
description:

photos/pictures

THANKS!

Z400
unit: 9th unit of Czech military police KAMBA (VIP protection abroad etc.)
manufacturer: ANV knives
description: A dagger-type blade made of Sleipner steel with a double guard enabling aggressive opening from the pocket, handle made of G10 composite, liner lock, double-sided deep carry pocket clip, lumed dot at the flipper tab. Models for this unit have part of units insignia (greek hoplite helmet) partially shown on the blade, that's not an option for knives accessible to the public)

Sn-mek-obrazovky-2021-02-10-195841.jpg

Sn-mek-obrazovky-2021-02-10-195902.jpg

https://www.anvknives.com/zaviraci-noze/z400/

bonus:
M500 Anthropoid
unit: 9th unit of Czech military police KAMBA (VIP protection abroad etc.)
manufacturer: ANV knives

Knives name is homage back to operation Anthropoid from WW2 when Czechs alongside the Brits in the struggle against dictatorship. (see more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Anthropoid it's a super cool story with bittersweet end). It's not know how much is this model spread through the unit, but it's too cool to not be mentioned.

When designing the M500 ANTHROPOID knife, manufacturer explored the original proposal of the FS knife. They always found its indisputable contour and spooky functionality very impressive. That is why they eventually decided to combine this iconic motif with modern full tang design.

Furnished from 6-mm thick blade made of ELMAX powder steel with a DLC coat. Adding the shield from a single piece of massive, stainless steel, thus creating a completely safe grip. This is amended by a machined 3D handle made of G10, furnished with an aggressive structure and indentation along the perimeter. Knife also has a sharp spike to the handle base for breaking everything that needs to be broken. Comfortable wearing and the possibility to immediately draw the knife are ensured by a self-locking Kydex sheath, which is additionally equipped with MOLLE SYSTEM clips.

Sn-mek-obrazovky-2021-02-10-201113.jpg

100549401_554696788547089_5506248571411759104_o.jpg

https://www.anvknives.com/military/m500/

Cranius
unit: reconnaissance platoon of the 71st Mechanized Battalion
manufacturer: Petr „Pietro“ Dražan,
design: sergeant Jaroslav Šrom
description:

In the chapel of St. Barbora was officially introduced a new knife, which is designed for a reconnaissance platoon of the 71st Mechanized Battalion. At the request of soldiers from the reconnaissance platoon, the battalion commander, Lt. Col. Libor Tesař, became the godfather of the knife. The name of the knife comes from the Latin cranium, which means skull because the skull is also part of the symbol of the unit skull with two crossed sabres.

The knife design was created to combine both a combat knife and a survival knife. Body of the knife is made from Elmax and handles made of micarta. The knife also has a DLC coating.

nuz_TIT.jpg

36de526bf86591186374f13eedefd535.1600x1200%20(1).jpg

c2e0a20e55f089f137bd7b4f6302b2e2.1600x1200.jpg

in czech, https://www.czdefence.cz/clanek/cranius-novy-nuz-pruzkumniku-71-mechanizovaneho-praporu

for englis use google translate https://translate.google.com/transl...vy-nuz-pruzkumniku-71-mechanizovaneho-praporu

Microtech Socom Delta Black Tanto
unit: worked with radioactive stuff....
manufacturer: Microtech
steel: ATS34
description: Wonderful frame lock flipper. Had the tightest bearing system and lock I've ever had in a flipper, even after sharpening and use shortened the blad 1/4"! There was no lateral blade wiggle.

I had it through 2 deployments. Lost it while in Missouri in an ATV. Never found it and still miss it.

I'm not armed forces but own an ex UK Paratrooper vehicle ("Snatch" landrover). We've searched the vehicle and found 2 Swiss army knives both still useable but well used.

Back