KPL vs Nano Oil

Between KPL and Nano Oil which one works better

If you think of Nano Oil as a step up against some more typical oils KPL in my experience has been a step up above even that.

Just be sure to use only a tiny bit of lube. In lubricating knife pivots less is more. An excess will just attract and hold onto gunk.

LOL, unfortunately I don't think of nano oil as a step above sewing machine or motor oil. Just overpriced and marketed well. KPL I've not heard of or used so I cant speak of it. My fav is Go-Juice from ALG defense. Primarily sold as a firearm oil, its slick as hell and thin. stick to the parts real well and doesn't gum. I believe its synthetic also.

LOL, unfortunately I don't think of nano oil as a step above sewing machine or motor oil. Just overpriced and marketed well. KPL I've not heard of or used so I cant speak of it. My fav is Go-Juice from ALG defense. Primarily sold as a firearm oil, its slick as hell and thin. stick to the parts real well and doesn't gum. I believe its synthetic also.

I suspect KPL may be synthetic as well.

Was looking at the web site and yeah,it says it synthetic based, and then they add there own "stuff, secret sauce" wickablity adders.
Sounds interesting. go-juice comes in a 4oz bottle though so I may not oil for,well, at least the rest of my life,lol

Go-Juice is the way to go and it is very slippery and I can feel the difference when I use Go-Juice instead of other oil's.

If you buy Go-Juice get a bottle with a needle tip and you only need 2 drops down each side of the blade and then work the blade back and forth and your good to go,a bottle of that stuff will last you a very long time if used as I described.

I have both and I prefer the KPL. I do not have any evidence of which is better. It just works well for me. I just use a drop or two on each side. Nick Shabazz has a review of it that includes a comparison with Nano oil I believe.

I've hopped on the Go Juice train. Choo choo. Seriously though, notable difference vs. Daiwa Reel Oil. Haven't used KPL pr Nano Oil, but it is definitely a cut above Daiwa, which is pretty well regarded.

I dont think I've ever sniffed my oil so i couldn't tell ya if it's scented or not.......lol
As long as it doesnt smell like dog butt,(or any other butt) I'm cool with it.

^ The only scented gun or knife lubricants I'm aware of are KPL (cinnamon), FrogLube (wintergreen), and baby oil (I can't place the scent, but find it somewhat unpleasant. If you don't notice a scent, your lube is likely unscented.

Back