KR Rasul - rope cutting test

The test was conducted in 2 different days because the arm could not stand the physical effort.
The first day I did about 3000 while the other cuts I've made ​​on two days later. After a thousand cuts still have thrown in the towel and decided to stop the test because it seemed that the rope had no appreciable effect on the wire. In fact, after almost 4000 cuts, the Rasul has no difficulty in cutting the paper. The only uncertainty has it only to the curve that has rubbed several times on the chopping bamboo. The cutting board has also ruined a lot ...

P1070308.jpg

cuts have been made to creep even if the thickness of the rope (20mm) is not allowed to make the cut easily.
at some point in the video I found a kind of plastic a little hard that I could not cut ... had to be a sort of junction of the inside ...
The fact is that I've had a bunch so much and the wire was still able to do its job.
Were enough to bring him razor 2 (and I say TWO) past a stick of ultrafine ceramic :cool:

the video is a bit longish ... hour and eleven minutes ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYcvz8RfsCg&feature=youtu.be

What type of steel and rope? How was the edge sharpened? How were the cuts made? DM

What is a friction cut? ie. Were the cuts made, push cut, draw cut, ect.. What was the grit of the final sharpening stone and the type? Thanks, DM

The cutting board is bamboo and the rope was leaning on it.
The thread that consumed the cutting board at the end of the test looks like this
CIMG2225.jpg

One test that would be interesting to see is lateral flexion: seeing how much load it would take and how much it would flex before breaking (assuming it breaks).

@ david martin
I did not understand what it means: "rocking push cut manner"
lateral flexion will do it in some time ... must reach me an instrument to measure the force applied

I really like the design. I'm curious how the handle fits larger hands (size large).

Impressive so far, and I see they are available now in U.S. Still would like to see some lateral strength testing before pulling the trigger. Incoming Amature question: Wouldn't a blade w/ a 63 rockwell readily take a "set" when flexed or more likely to "snap"?
Thanks

Impressive so far, and I see they are available now in U.S. Still would like to see some lateral strength testing before pulling the trigger. Incoming Amature question: Wouldn't a blade w/ a 63 rockwell readily take a "set" when flexed or more likely to "snap"?
Thanks

when the dynamometer comes again I'll know to give accurate info on the force applied before failure.

Incoming Amature question: Wouldn't a blade w/ a 63 rockwell readily take a "set" when flexed or more likely to "snap"?
That's what I was asking for. With ordinary steel I'd say it would be likely to snap. Now "advanced" steel like Vanadis23 might work differently, sometimes that's what they are for.

Back