• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Kramer Inspired European Chef Knife **SOLD**

TK Steingass

Knifemaker - Buckeye
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Gentlemen:

For your consideration is my Kramer inspired chef knife in Aldo’s 52100 steel. I don’t suppose any of you want to pay $3,000 for a Kramer so I’m going to offer you a slightly cheaper version. :) The blade was differentially heat treated with clay and tempered to provide flexibility and toughness. The blade is 3/32” stock that was semi-hollow ground on a large diameter wheel to .018” prior to applying the 15 degree bevels. This was performed after heat treatment, so the blade is dead straight.

To test the heat treatment, I easily cut telephone book paper, then performed the bladesmith test by dragging the edge over a brass rod. There was no raised burr or chipping on the edge and I was able to slice cleanly through more telephone book paper and shave hair.

You can let this blade age gracefully (like I am):D or occasionally drag the blade over 400 grit wet/dry paper and oil to keep it looking as new. Since I like to maintain my knives, I put brass furniture on the knife as Kramer does on his European style kitchen knives. The double dyed Black Ash Burl scales are stunning and held in place with the pinned/dovetailed brass bolsters and two brass Corby rivets. This knife is light as a feather in the hand – for those of you in dutch with your wife over your knife purchases, this will make a great Christmas present to temper her spirit.

I hope you like it! The first “I’ll take it” gets it. $325 plus $15 shipping. Paypal payment preferred to my account tksteingass@frontier.com and I take USPS money orders. Maker’s lifetime common sense warranty and free sharpening.

Happy Thanksgiving to all,

TK

3/32" Aldo's 52100 stock
Differential HT with clay
Parks 50 quench
HT to Rc 58-59
12 3/4" OAL
8" Flat/Hollow ground blade
Hand rubbed 400 grit finish
Dovetail brass bolsters - pinned
Brass Corby rivets
Stabilized black ash burl scales

Kitchen-1.jpg

Kitchen-2.jpg

Kitchen-3.jpg

Kitchen-4.jpg

Last edited:
I can see someone carving the big TG turkey
With this one , great job TK and may you and your family have a great
Thanksgiving

great kitchen knife, I love good kitchen knives and some day am going to upgrade all of mine. I just got done taking my 10" to the steel but decided I'm going to use the forschner simitar for the carving today. neither are as nice as yours though.

Red

TK,

I'm moving this to the new Kitchen Knife for sale forum. Outstanding work...beautiful knife.

this knife is a beauty. Somebody will be happy with this one. It has everything going for it especially the re-fined "Bob Kramer" design lines. Im not sure the Kramer is any better made.

I'll take it.
Now I have to get a Silent Hunter that matches I guess?
Dozier

Dozier: It's a beauty and it's yours! Inside of me are unmade Silent Hunters - an email is all it takes to unleash one! :D

Thanks for the kind words fellas. This knife is SOLD.

Last edited:
Yeah... I was hoping there wasn't an "I'll take it," when I logged on tonight. Beautiful work!

Back