KUR vs SR-11

Which would you buy if you had to choose ?

• Kur

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • SR-11 aluminum

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

TheFactor

Life is good !
Couldn't think of a better place to ask then the heart of the Lion steel Den. I'm torn between the two after watching multiple YouTube videos and about as much research I can do .
I'm leaning towards the Kur but that SR-11 "Aluminium" sure is beautiful!
I may need a little nudge in one way or the other ;)

I haven't handled a SR-11, but I do own a KUR and am very happy with it. I prefer G-10 scales, so that's why I voted KUR.

Kind of quiet in the lions den but just for a update im leaning towards the sr-11a in black/satin or possibly orange/black <<"just for something different "

Absolutely love it !
First impressions its like a beautiful work of art . Flips beautifully and smooth smooth smooth and feels great in hand .
After I spend more time with it I'll post a full personal review.
EjUYbKo.jpg

I heard the kur flipped better. Never handled either.

Russ
Never handled a Kur but I can tell you this sr11 is fast and smooth. I've owned many flippers though and this is at or near the top of the list .

Just a update on the SR11 Ti

Totally in love with this knife even more . Been carrying it the last few days and really surprised how well it carries especially considering its weight and size .
Action Has become even better and it was excellent out of the box .
Can't wait for the Kur to arrive !!!!

Nice one! Also nice barlows...
But I can't get myself to like that Roto lock :( it is just so ugly....

How do you like the sleipner steel?

Nice one! Also nice barlows...
But I can't get myself to like that Roto lock :( it is just so ugly....

How do you like the sleipner steel?
Thanks !
I like the sliepner steel a lot , holds a edge , sharpens easy on a leather strop with some green compound. No corrosion issues but I wipe it down with some flitz periodically like all my knives and sometimes a light coat of oil . As far as the the robo lock I don't have a problem with it but never use it . I personally like the lines on it and the detail very much like the rest of the knife. Love it love it love it !!:D

Nice thread, TheFactor TheFactor . Just found it. I'm not sure the KUR really floats my boat, but we've been back and forth about my SR1-G and your SR11 and those are both really sweet ones. I'm waiting for CK to get in a shipment which includes an SR11 in red aluminum with an uncoated blade.

I do have a new Euro-Barlow Shuffler in CF on pre-order with them. That's the one with the clip-point blade that should come out around year's end.

And, of course, a couple obligatory shots of my little Lion's Den.

oJMnUDk.jpg

3UzNJiU.jpg

And, as to the Roto lock, to me it's just and over-travel stop with some extra detailing on it. I don't use it either, and maybe it's a little busy, but it doesn't bother me on a knife with so much detailing anyway.

Thanks ChazzyP ChazzyP !!
Beautiful picture of your herd of Lion Steels :thumbsup:
I really like and am enjoying my SR11 but my Kur won't get out of my pocket lol .
Man that SR11 in red aluminum I bet looks sweet man !!!!!

Thanks ChazzyP ChazzyP !!
Beautiful picture of your herd of Lion Steels :thumbsup:
I really like and am enjoying my SR11 but my Kur won't get out of my pocket lol .
Man that SR11 in red aluminum I bet looks sweet man !!!!!
I like your all-Ti SR11 a lot, but two things I can use are more red in my life and a sweet knife that's a hundred bucks cheaper. :p

Great looking knives. I hope to buy an SR11 shortly. I will probably go with aluminum myself due to it being half the price and the lower weight.

I have a Roundhead in ram's horn and a Shuffler in stag on early reserve too, so it will be a LionSteal season for me. Can't wait!

Back