KUR Wood with KUR clip?

Hi,

I like the new KUR Wood knives a lot. However, I wonder if it is possible to put a KUR's clip on it. Has anyone here tried it yet? What might be the reason Lionsteel decided to remove the clip from the "Wood" version of the knife?

Hi,
I like the new KUR Wood knives a lot. However, I wonder if it is possible to put a KUR's clip on it. Has anyone here tried it yet? What might be the reason Lionsteel decided to remove the clip from the "Wood" version of the knife?

The reason it has no clip is because the wire clip scratches the wood handles. I don't know if a regular Kur clip fits, but from the pictures it looks possible. Maybe ask Lionsteel directly?

I did the same. Ordered a olive wood kur and was excited until it came in with no clip. I understand the whole wood will wear down some but I would prefer that to having the entire knife awkwardly in my pocket and the wood getting scratched up by anything else in my pocket. I sent an email to lionsteel but no reply. Maybe because it is in Italy but you would think they have translators. If I can’t put a clip on it it’s going back which is a shame because it’s a beautiful knife that I would like to carry. Maybe I’ll go for the sr-22. I had the 11 which I really liked but ended up selling and KnifeCenter has the 22 on sale now so we’ll see.

I contacted Lionsteel. They will send me a clip for free (just shipping costs).

SilvaSpyder SilvaSpyder : Maybe mail them again. They will reply. Lionsteel's support is in their XMAS-Holidays right now.They will be back in office at January 2nd. The answering times are relatively slow right now because they were busy with the release of all the new models in December.

Good point. Did you already install the clip or are you waiting on it. Also did they say anything about causing problems against the wood with the clip and that being the reason and thanks for the response

I am still waiting. I was asked to write them again tomorrow.

However, I had contact with someone that already has a clip. According to what he told me Lionsteel does not include it because they fear that the wood will wear off. However, the guy owns the santos version and apparently has used it with a clip since release and his handle doesn't show any wear (he showed me images via facebook).

My guess is that these small milling lines on the grip might show wear or even go away after some time of use. But the scales are made out of santos / olive wood. Santos wood is very hard, olive wood is even harder. They can take a beating...

Just wanted to give a final heads up: I wrote Lionsteel on January the 3rd and got an answer yesterday (7th) that my clip was on it's way. Fedex delivered it today. Installation was kinda hard because I made it that way. I disassembled the whole knife in the process but it was easy. Putting it back together is a bit harder with the clip in the way but I made it. My clip required to be filed down a bit more than it was for the fit to be perfect. But I am satisfied with the result.

I've emailed LionSteel twice over 2 weeks to inquire about ordering a clip. No responses so far. I'm willing to pay but can't find parts listed on their site. Anyone have a recommendation?

Maybe try contacting them through facebook or write them another email. I always got an answer so far but sometimes it felt like it took forever. PR and support seem to be a one man job and especially when new knives are launched answers / reaction from support can take some time. It shouldn't be that way and I wish they would improve but Lionsteel still is a rather small company and when you finally have contact they are eager to help you out.

I have the Santos Kur and it's a wonderful knife. Sadly, I seldom use it because of its missing clip.
I emailed Lionsteel ca. 2 months ago about it. No answer. I tried again a couple of weeks ago. A short, simple email asking for a pocket clip for a knife which I purchased directly from them. No reply.
This is just shockingly bad customer service. Why is a company that makes world class knives ignoring simple emails?! If they were trying to annoy their customers they have succeeded. I know we now have this Covid19 nonsense to deal with but still - even an automatic message explaining the situation would be preferable to a ghostly silence.
In my frustration I am now considering buying a Chinese fake of the Kur just to get the pocket clip Lionsteel should have included in the first place!

Sorry to begin my posts here with a bit of a whine, but Lionsteel has made a gorgeous knife which I want to carry, not just look at from time to time!

Back