• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Kydex needed.

Hello,
I've recently purchased a Blind Horse Knives Bushbaby, with an extra quarter inch of blade length. The sheath supplied is more than adequate for outdoor pursuits; however it does not lend itself well to carry in the office. I would like a kydex sheath, with a streamlined clip. I am not a fan of tek-locks, I find them a tad too bulky. Ideally, the sheath would allow for edge up or down carry, and would be as trim of a package as possible, overall. I intend to carry inside waistband, just to the left of centerline, and at around 45 degrees of cant. I currently carry my Izula in the same position, but the clip on the sheath for the Izula is mounted just a little to low for my tastes if I'm honest. I'd like the sheath for my Bushbaby to ride fairly high up yet still allow for an easy draw. I am not ready for immediate purchase, so I'm not asking for anyone to drop what their doing but I would like a quote and time frame if possible.
Thank you for your consideration.

Would something similar to this sheath work?

[video=youtube;rUxYPxyf5xY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUxYPxyf5xY[/video]

Yea, I do like the whole leather over kydex thing you've done there. I'm thinking that the bushbaby might require a bit of a shaped tube-like opening as the handle on it is pretty hefty. And this might be nit-picking, but I would like the clip better if it was a bit slimmer, maybe ground down a bit on each side. I'm going for the slimmest overall profile that can be managed, but I do realize that my knife is a bit of a fatty in the hand.

Back