Kydex sheath for an EDC/Utility knife

Greetings everyone,

Here is a Kydex sheath I just finished up for a little EDC/Utility knife I made. I didn’t use any glue on the sheath, just one rivet and a bunch of Chicago screws. That way, the sheath can be opened up to clean out any crud. The belt clip is attached separately. I intended to hold it on with screws so it could be interchangeable, but I didn’t leave myself enough room and had to use rivets. I also shouldn’t have left so much room between the blade and screws. Oh well, live and learn.

By the way, I recently bought a set of eyelet/rivet dies from Tracy Mickley at USA Knife Maker Supply. I had been using dies from another on-line knife store but never had much luck with them. Tracy’s dies are, in my opinion, far superior. I was amazed at how much cleaner the rivets came out and how much less pressure I needed to press them.

Anyway, here are some photos of the sheath:

Kydex-sheath-02.jpg

Kydex-sheath-01.jpg

Kydex-sheath-03.jpg

Kydex-sheath-belt-clip-01.jpg

1084-Utility-with-green-G10-in-shea.jpg

1084-Utility-with-green-G10--Kydex-.jpg

That is some hot stuff!:D
I am thinking that is one of the best looking EDC blades I have seen to date. Great work!:thumbup:

do you find that the kydex scratches your blade at all? i seem to have this problem on all my kydex sheaths. just wondering. that is one beautiful blade!

Thanks guys. I just finished it, but so far no scratches yet. My understanding is scratching in Kydex sheaths is actually due to grit that gets trapped in the Kydex. That's why I made mine so that it would come apart for cleaning. Hopefully that will help.

Back