Kydex sheath for bravo-1?

Hey guys,

Just got a Bravo-1 with the kydex sheath; I'm not a big fan. Whom should i go to for a good Bravo-1 kydex sheath? I'd like a quick-release buckle (or is tek-lok better?) and firesteel loop if possible. If you have pics of your custom Bravo-1 kydex sheath, please feel free to post em here so I can see what people have :). I've been wanting one like in this thread: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541585 but I haven't had any luck contacting the maker by email (will try phoning when I have time).

I initially wanted to go with the leather sheath; it looks like serious quality, but I don't want to worry about getting it wet. Is the leather one just that good that I should get it instead of a kydex one?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Anyone use a spec-ops survival sheath for their Bravo-1? I've been eyeing that as well...

Last edited:
I could hook you up with both leather and kydex, seperate or together.
Don't worry about it getting wet..

:thumbup:

Hey guys,

Just got a Bravo-1 with the kydex sheath; I'm not a big fan. Whom should i go to for a good Bravo-1 kydex sheath? I'd like a quick-release buckle (or is tek-lok better?) and firesteel loop if possible. If you have pics of your custom Bravo-1 kydex sheath, please feel free to post em here so I can see what people have :)

I initially wanted to go with the leather sheath; it looks like serious quality, but I don't want to worry about getting it wet. Is the leather one just that good that I should get it instead of a kydex one?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Martin! Just checked out your site, those kydex lined leather sheaths of yours look mighty fine :) :thumbup: I'll be PM'ing you to discuss more :)

I just got my Bravo-1 today and I totally agree with what was said.the sheath feels cheap compared to the knife.I'll be cruising the forums for a maker pretty soon.

Martin is working on one for me right now; I'm pretty excited :) Check out his blog page and see if you like his stuff :thumbup:

I have one of Robs sheaths already.Top notch work.He is going to be my first stop.
I did a little tinkering and made my bravo-1 sheath a little more serviceable.
HPIM2375.jpg

I took the belt loop attachment from my Cold Steel master hunter sheath.The attachment points match up perfectly.I also heated and formed the kydex so it doesn't hug the knife so hard.

I'm with you on on stock Kydex sheath. I'm not a fan either. Here what I made for my Bravo-1:

Br1a.jpg

Br1b.jpg

Br1c.jpg

Nice sheath, longbeachguy!:thumbup::thumbup: And good job tinkering with yours savage. I didn't have the time or parts to mess with mine. When I get Martin's sheath, i'll post a pic! :)

Thanks for the rec Brian_T, if I end up getting another Bravo-1, I'll look into survival sheath systems. (so far, it's looking like I'll end up getting a spare.... :D)

Last edited:
Back