kydex sheath liner?

I am going to make my first kydex sheath this week. Does the knife ever get beat up from this stuff? Has anyone ever lined thier sheath with some thin soft leather? Or is that out of the question? Thanks

Put a layer of blue painter's tape on the blade and any part of the handle that will be exposed to the Kydex when molding. This will allow a slight gap around the knife in the molded sheath. Once the sheath is molded, remove the tape from the blade. Kydex will scratch a blade after repeated insertions and withdrawls but most people leave it bare to prevent any grit / dirt from becoming trapped in the sheath and making worse scratches.

I'm a leatherworker but once I made myself a kydex sheath (for a Busse Shiva Rex) with calf skin lining. Mine works great for me - I just remember to wipe down the knife well before sheathing it.

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to try one of each and see how it goes. The stuff looks pretty cool.

I'm a leatherworker but once I made myself a kydex sheath (for a Busse Shiva Rex) with calf skin lining. Mine works great for me - I just remember to wipe down the knife well before sheathing it.

What type of glue did you use on the calf skin & kydex?

Back