Kydex sheaths and micarta slabs

cbach8tw

Platinum Member
Ethan, I think it is great you have this forum. Will Kydex sheaths and micarta slabs be available for purchase separately from Kabar? I have a Camillus BK 7 and I wanted to get those for it. Is Kydex sheath standard for the new BK7? I saw it on Knifecenter.com and it looks like it may. Thanks again for being a part of this to discuss the knives.

I believe Ethan said that Micarta scales are in the works, and apparently there's gunna be a new sheath for the BK7 (dunno about 9). Right now the standard sheath for the BK7 and 9 is nylon.

thanks a bunch. I saw a few photos with a Kydex sheath on a forum in here, that is why I was wondering if they were already available. Probably, they made it or had it made.

Hey cbach8tw.....

They are nylon for now..There are a bunch of great costom Kydex guys out there....My old friend and Kydex pioneer Mike Sastre at River City Sheaths, brother Hummelbaugh at Survival Sheath Systems and Buy Brown Industries are people I know personally that do really good work......I have Kydex stuff from all of them that I am proud to own....

All Best...

ethan

I'm hoping for someone to offer an aftermarket Kydex sheath for the necker at some point. I like it, but for me I would like a smaller Kydex version for me personally. More like the original sheath, I would get one like that if one becomes available.

I'm hoping for someone to offer an aftermarket Kydex sheath for the necker at some point. I like it, but for me I would like a smaller Kydex version for me personally. More like the original sheath, I would get one like that if one becomes available.

I'm trying to get the money up to pick up a BK9 and a necker right now. As soon as I do, I'll be making kydex for the neckers. I haven't decided yet whether or not I'm going to do it for the BK9's. No offense to the KaBar guys or to Ethan, but I'm not a fan of the necker sheath. It just doesn't look like it goes with the knife. It looks like it was designed for something else.

Good to know, I have seen some of your other kydex and you'll get my business for sure!

Back