KYSA'S IN TROUBLE - NEED HELP

Sal Glesser

There are a couple of threads (and links) currently in the general forum indicating Kysa Braswell is in trouble. Though our prayers may be with her, there was a request for funds to assist the family during the crisis. Please read the posts for information.

Since a flood is made up of many drops of rain. I thought perhaps to try the same method here.

Danelle - Ill need your help in organizing this. At this time there does not seem to be names and addresses available. You'll have to chase this down.

Spyderco will donate for raffle one Bob Lum Tanto folder and one SpydeRench to assist Kysa & her family. Perhaps some of the other forum manufacturers will add to the raffle.

Each raffle "ticket" will cost $3. Please print your name, address, telephone number and Email address on a 2" x 2" piece of white paper. Write on the back of the paper whether you are trying for the Lum or the Rench. If you want to shoot for both, please include one 2" x 2" piece of white paper for each. (I'm trying to simplify the drawing and be efficient). Include $3 (cash, check or money order) with each piece of paper. Mail these to:

Spyderco
Kysa fund
P.O. Box 800
Golden, CO 80402-0800

Checks or money orders need to be made out to Kysa.

100% of the proceeds will go to Kysa & her family. Contest will end 15 SEP.

Sorry Danelle, I know you have nothing else to do. I also know Kysa is your friend. If you will get this going on the general forum as well, we might be able to increase the help.

Kysa - You give it 100%, we'll give it hell from here.

sal

You`re a saint, Sal. You make me proud to be a member of this forum.

The only thing I`d like to add is that a five dollar bill, or a ten, or even a twenty is easier to mail and fits nicer into an envelope than three singles.

Sal,
I have a special Spyderco Hunter with Basketweave scales that I would like to donate to help with the cause. I will send it out to Danelle on Monday.

Bobby Branton

Danelle, can we also send contributions to Kysa through you? Please post a mailing address. Thanks Bill Boyd

Terrific Sal, thanks a million. Helping Kysa and getting a chance to win a great knife at the same time. I hope you get an overwhelming response from forumites. Even a knifenut on a budget can help this time.

God bless.

i agree it would be easier to just put in a five dollar bill instead of three dollars or a check; i'll go for both not because i need the knives (what is a spiderench anyway) but because this is such a win-win situation.

A very fine gesture Sal. The raffle is sure to bring those $$$ coming in. (My name will be on a few) But I too would like to give a contribution directly to her, if you and/or Dannelle are willing to forward it to her.

It's time for a little forum comraderie here.

Wm. Shakespeare described it as such:
----------------------------------------

"But we in it shall be remember'd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother".
------------------------------------------
So c'mon Y'all.... put that new knife on hold and dip into your knife fund, ... shed a little green....this could happen to any of us.

Sal,

I'd like to help but if I have to buy an International Money Order it will cost me as much again and I don't like giving money to Western Union. Is there any way to do this by credit card, at least for members outside the US.

------------------
Take care,
Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow....in Australia it's tomorrow already.

Great idea Sal,way to go!
smile.gif
Marcus

Clay, please let me know how you intend to go about this.. as I too, need to use my card as it would be very hard to get Int'l M.O. and mailing it could take some time.

Please inform me asap.. Thanks!

Dan

Heyns, I really wish someone who has a merchant account, could help us out on this. I'm sure a lot more international forumites would be more than willing to help, and would like to do it in the fastest way possible, which is through credit card.

Anybody out there who's willing to do this for a worthy cause? Please email us asap!

Regards,

Dan

I hadn't read anything about this till just now...I'll do whatevers needed, of course....
Danelle

I have just added an update in the thread in the general forum. I have an aunt that works for a bank and she is going to help me set up a fund in Kysa's name. When I explained the situation to her she told me she would expedite the process. It should be set up by tomorrow.

Danelle,

I will contact you tomorrow and compare notes.

Thanks to all of you for your support.

Regards,

Tom Carey

[This message has been edited by Tom Carey (edited 22 August 1999).]

I admire your act, Sal.
If it is possible to use a credt card, I´ll get a ticket for both raffles.
Please let me know.
Best regards.

Ivan campos

Make the check/MO out to "Kysa" or "Kysa Braswell"? Just checking, I'm getting my contribution ready. I feel it's a great thing what Spyderco and others are doing to help this young lady out, which is consistent with the "greatness" of this forum!

Chad

------------------
savsport@xta.com

AKTI Member #A000094

Honey, I swear that's the last knife I'm going to buy...

Back