l am a full time college student now....

m. wohlwend

BANNED
Time is limited for me in the shop and will continue to be so until Christmas break.

I will be slow in response to threads, messages, emails...etc

I will continue to work on orders and produce knives.

During this time I will not set delivery dates. It has been my experience that I miss them by days, even weeks.

I have been making knives longer than alot of makers in this forum area. Your knife will be made and delivered.

Thanks for understanding! Mark

Maybe you should have informed me about your situation when I placed my order and you accepted my payment....

Maybe you should have informed me about your situation when I placed my order and you accepted my payment....

I would assume he means orders from now on will not have set delivery dates. if not, that sucks!

Placed order with payment 1 month ago, 6+ emails simply asking for ship date.
Above post is first time I heard about delays in orders and communications.
Still no response at all to my last three emails.

Here are my thoughts on setting dates.
I have rarely made a date I have set. My fault. People get tense when I miss- project cause I am optimistic. So if I continue to work on orders but don't set a delivery date, it upsets people also. So, what to do?

I only take prepaid orders because this is the only source of income I have. So I work 25 hrs in a week and get paid for 15 because people change their mind on verbal only orders? What is the solution for that?

So here is your chance to offer workable solutions. :)

Simple.
Keep lines of communications open, reply to emails.
Be honest when you except the order that you can make the knife in a reasonable time.
OR
Don"t take the order....

Ok, what's a reasonable delivery time for an order?

And I have refused to take orders for a long time. But there are people who want to make orders.....

I have been dealing with Mark for a long time now. He, like any other maker, has other life issues come up. I currently have 4 knives ordered from him, and own 3 others. I understand that it is frustrating trying to get a hold of him, but I am also sure that everyone understands, or can at least imagine, what it’s like to support a family of 5, work, and go to school at the same time. I can assure you that if Mark takes your money for an order it will be finished as soon as possible, and that you will be pleased with the product you receive. If you have been following the forum you will have read that his wife has recently taken over the responsibility of shipping orders. There are always issues to be worked out when business as usual is changed around. For anyone that does not know, Mark does not have a computer. He works from his mobile phone, and because of this it is difficult for him to communicate via the PM system. His e-mail is listed in his signature. I suggest using it to contact him for anything you need. It may take him a while to respond, but you will get an answer.

If you placed an order before he publicly announced that he is now an full time student, meaning before today, I am sure that he is spending his nights in the shop working on your knives if they are not already completed. There is no need to worry about your investment. his wife will have them out to you as soon as they cool down. :)

For everyone who places orders after today I am sure this thread explains the situation.

Best,

I only own three customs so I'm no expert, but I've read a lot of stuff on the forums and it seems to me that two things are clear.

Makers always could stand to improve their communication and speed.
Buyers always could stand to improve their patience and understanding.

I'm actually not sure I'm cut out for knife collecting, heh... the wait nearly kills me each time.

i know right...its like a little kid at Christmas. To kill the time I look at more knives and by the time the origonal get to my house i am waiting on another one. Its a never ending cycle

Mark is absolutely entitled to put the priorities in his life at the top of his list - no questions. Along the same lines I don't think it's unreasonable to expect responses to emails within a couple days when folks that work hard for the money paid for the knives being made just want an update on the status of his/her order - it's not like we're talking about an inconsequential amount of money for most and an email only takes a couple of minutes in most cases.

I personally have a hard time waiting just like the next guy but I don't let it upset me - all a part if the process of ordering a handmade, high quality knife.

I think the wait is half the fun..Every custom I own has a story behind it. I bought a pre made knife from Mark and he shipped it right out..But I ordered a knife that was not the standard this time so I knew a wait was possible,Plus with this new size knife he may have gotten a big response than he could handled with school. He does make a nice blade and when it is all said and done it will be just a memory. I want my knife as fast as possible but getting mad about just make the process not so fun.

We will all get our blades and I am pretty sure they will be good ones.

Mark is a Great Guy & if you made a payment to him...You will get what you ordered ! Trust me...his knives are worth the wait ! Give him time...he will get to you.

Mark sent email saying knife will go out next week.
Was not looking to throw him under the Bus.
Just wanted an update.

Does this mean there is at least a small chance I could get a Pitdog Mora down the road?

Things are starting to be not so fun... Anyone get an update today or over the weekend ??

Back