• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

"Label Canceled", Knifecenter order

Hi all,

I have two Spydercos coming from Knifecenter. Apparently, the same day I got an email saying my order has shipped, I got an email saying my "label was canceled".

Not sure what that means but I'm assuming my order was canceled.

Anyone have any experience with this? It's too early for me to call anyone about it and by the time I can I'll be at work.

Thanks for any info

Bill

I don't know how USPS works but could be the mailing system automation. Your mailing label could be cancelled or altered somehow and the system sent you the message for it (even though unnecessary).

I don't know how USPS works but could be the mailing system automation. Your mailing label could be cancelled or altered somehow and the system sent you the message for it (even though unnecessary).

Yeah I'm confused. I was going over my email and realized they gave me a tracking number for USPS and also Fedex.
The Fedex tracking number seems to be actually tracking the package. It was for USPS that I got the "Label Canceled " email.

Maybe they started to ship via USPS but switched to Fedex? I have never heard of that before.

Easiest way to find out is to call or email them.

Yup, I'm going too. Everything is such a PITA with the boss I'm working for. He makes it difficult to even get a phone call in. Honestly that's why I'm so annoyed right now. I know it's going to be a problem for me to take care of this.

But that's neither here nor there. I'll call when I can. Thanks all

Email may work better for your situation. There's always break time at work. Sometimes I take care of my business at work while taking care of my bathroom business and multi task

Email may work better for your situation. There's always break time at work. Sometimes I take care of my business at work while taking care of my bathroom business and multi task

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not long with this guy anyway. He wants to work 7 days a week all day long. I have a family I'd like to see on the rare occasion, lol.

For some reason sometimes I have a package start off with UPS or FedEx and then they transfer it the biggest local post office hub near me!!! I don't get it but whatever it gets here!!

After discovering Fedex is tracking it I bet that's all it is. Getting an email with "Label Canceled " and no other real information was annoying.

And not for nothing, but I recently had Blade HQ botch my order and cancel on me, so I'm a little on edge right now, haha.

Usually means they put your order into a single box after packing them separate, thus canceling one or both shipping labels so they won’t get billed for it. Automatic contact details of status were sent to you saying label cancelled. If the weight of the package changed by adding the two together, they would/should also cancel that label too. Then the new combined shipping label with new weight + insurance is generated with a new tracking label. Cheaper to send one box with 2 items than it is to ship two individual boxes.

DLT has your answer, but I’d like to offer some advice that if possible, you should always pay for the premium shipping if possible. I used to get no end of trouble using USPS when ordering knives. It was a combination of USPS being unreliable already plus a really awful mail carrier. Now, I’ll always pay for FedEx 2-day. It’s more expensive but worth not having the fear of your package getting lost.

DLT has your answer, but I’d like to offer some advice that if possible, you should always pay for the premium shipping if possible. I used to get no end of trouble using USPS when ordering knives. It was a combination of USPS being unreliable already plus a really awful mail carrier. Now, I’ll always pay for FedEx 2-day. It’s more expensive but worth not having the fear of your package getting lost.

Plus tracking that doesn't equate to a shrug, as is all too common with the USPS.

For some reason sometimes I have a package start off with UPS or FedEx and then they transfer it the biggest local post office hub near me!!! I don't get it but whatever it gets here!!

That's FedEx SmartPost (or is it Ground ECONOMY now) and UPS Mail Innovations. It's for smaller items usually.

Managed to call. Just for anyone else who may want to know what happened, they had mistakenly began to ship my order via USPS and canceled it, thus the cancellation email. (They were supposed to ship via Fedex.) So no big deal.

Thanks for the help all

thumb_its-all-good-in-our-neighborhood-zipmeme-mr-rogers-52734954.png

Lol, yeah. In my defense, Blade HQ dropped the ball on me last week, so I may have been a little on edge about that stuff.

Hey I know exactly what it’s like to momentarily crap a brick when I have new knives inbound and something pops up. It goes with the territory of being a knife nut!

Back