Ladder 49

Just watched ladder 49 and I throughly enjoyed it. It is an emotional action packed film with a great score. I would enjoy comments from our resident firefighters as to its authenticity.

kamkazmoto said:
Just watched ladder 49 and I throughly enjoyed it. It is an emotional action packed film with a great score. I would enjoy comments from our resident firefighters as to its authenticity.
Didn't see it yet.

I haven't seen it, but a FF buddy did and said that it was worse than Backdraft. He figured with Travolta being as big of a FD Fan as he is that there might be some realism, but according to him it was more or less so Hollywood-ed that it ruined it for him. But that was only his opinion, I haven't seen it yet. .

I waited a couple weeks to see it,so all the meat whippers would be cleared out by then.

Its a fine movie and an ok fire movie.Yes all the fires were "big ones" would have liked to seen at least one 2 1/2 burning though.

What was missing for me, most would not even think of,like. Nobody worked a second job,nobody brought in food and cooked a big meal,and nobody bitched about working nights,weekends and hoildays in the ghetto! The three things I'm asked about most btw.

Look if they made a movie about people who small gas from their stove,people who live in flith and call the fd to shut off a leaky sink,drunks who fall asleep and start a kitchen fire,well they wouldn't make that movie.

Back