Ladybug scale pattern on larger Spydercos?

The ladybug has a scaled down bidirectional grip pattern as opposed to the larger knives, but the texture is still good and grippy and feels nice to the touch. It would be interesting to see how it would feel and handle on a large knife, it kind of lands between the regular larger frn pattern and the standard G10 as found on the military series.

Last edited:
Could be a good idea. I'm sure they did lots of hands on testing though. I just got my first Delica and its also my first nice knife I actually plan to use that has a plastic handle. I thought I would not like it and was looking at g10 scales to replace them before I got it. As soon as I held it, that idea went out the window. The texture is great. It's not smooth, but it ain't rough. But it grabs your fingers and doesn't want to slide.

I wouldn't want it over g10 if I had the choice, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy more knives with frn handles now.

One good use for the smaller texture pattern could be the pocket clip spots on the delica handles. They're the only spots towards the front of the knife that's smooth. Maybe a smaller texture could make it rougher and still support the clip?

Back