• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad lamanian is no good to deal with

H0kieengineer

Gold Member
I bought some ammo from lamanian lamanian back on March 14. I paid and was told he would ship on Saturday. He then said that the UPS store he went to did not have the license to ship ammo and that he would go to a different store on Monday and ship. I have not heard anything since March 18, even though he has been on BladeForums and has been selling. He uses the PayPal tag @BR1375

F FliteRN also bought ammo from lamanian lamanian and is having the same experience.

I am adding Blues Blues and Boru13 Boru13 to see if they can provide any help.

I bought some ammo from lamanian lamanian back on March 14. I paid and was told he would ship on Saturday. He then said that the UPS store he went to did not have the license to ship ammo and that he would go to a different store on Monday and ship. I have not heard anything since March 18, even though he has been on BladeForums and has been selling. He uses the PayPal tag @BR1375

F FliteRN also bought ammo from lamanian lamanian and is having the same experience.

I just temporarily banned lamanian lamanian , hopefully the issues will be resolved.

If you paid with F&F, there's not much we can do.

I just temporarily banned lamanian lamanian , hopefully the issues will be resolved.

If you paid with F&F, there's not much we can do.
Thanks.

I've accepted that, this is more to alert other people. Even if I paid G&S, I doubt PayPal would help since I bought ammo.

If anything changes, I will update this thread.

Thanks, Hokie. Shoot a PM direct to Boru13 Boru13 and me as well. Thanks.

Yes I agree with the above. I purchased some as well and have reached out to him via Email as well as Direct message. Will happily recant this unfortunate message if he makes good on the deal.

Thank you to Blues Blues and Boru13 Boru13 for their help following this and reaching out about the issues.

I’m sorry to all those who got taken by this account.

This account tried listing a Sebenza 21 just a little bit ago and used the exact same pictures from the sales thread I purchased it from him in November.

Listing from today: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/crk-sebenza-sale-interrupted-by-staff.1979959/

I will say I purchased this very knife with these exact same pictures in November (original listing below pictures have been removed). This listing today can’t be real because I have that knife in my possession. I have had it glass blasted since so it does not look the same however here is a picture of the original lanyard I removed from the knife in question.

-Ben

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/large-sebenza-21.1960860/

IMG_3368.jpegIMG_3369.jpeg

We've been following his path for a couple of weeks, unfortunately, we only had suspicion and intuition to go on after another deal which looked like it was headed south was actually fulfilled due to our intervention.

Now, in the interim, all hell has broken loose and unfortunately, our ability to do anything is limited to banning the account.

He has preyed upon the willingness of others to use an insecure method of payment to secure what they thought was a good deal. This is the result and its beyond our grasp to obtain justice on your behalf.

FWIW, the scammer's excuse, "He then said that the UPS store he went to did not have the license to ship ammo..." is total BS. They (the individual UPS stores) do not have to have any sort of special license. Ammo ships as Hazmat, and that's the only special requirement.

FWIW, the scammer's excuse, "He then said that the UPS store he went to did not have the license to ship ammo..." is total BS. They (the individual UPS stores) do not have to have any sort of special license. Ammo ships as Hazmat, and that's the only special requirement.
After him not responding, I figured it was an excuse. I’ve never shipped ammo, so I don’t know what all is involved.

After him not responding, I figured it was an excuse. I’ve never shipped ammo, so I don’t know what all is involved.
There have to be proper warning labels for one thing...and not all carriers will pick up or deliver it...especially in interstate commerce.'

Which I warned him about up front when he first posted the subject...and then said he'd restrict it to local sales. You can see how that worked out.

I'm waiting on my ammo too. Was supposed to ship on the 18th, with no tracking number and no responses from him this week. I also used F&F with no comments because it was ammo.

If he can’t ship, I’ll take a refund without any hard feelings.

I'm waiting on my ammo too. Was supposed to ship on the 18th, with no tracking number and no responses from him this week. I also used F&F with no comments because it was ammo.

If he can’t ship, I’ll take a refund without any hard feelings.
Something tells me you’re going to waiting a loooooooong time, sorry to say.

Someone (and friends) needs to pay this fine purveyor of ammo a visit.

He's had previous transactions. Maybe reach out to one of the other members he's dealt with to get a return address and contact LE in his area.

Condolences to those who were robbed. This is getting to be regular here and that is sad.

Please buyers, stop patronizing PPFF sales posts. Help make PPFF anathema around here!

He's had previous transactions. Maybe reach out to one of the other members he's dealt with to get a return address and contact LE in his area.
Good idea. I just reached out to a few members.
I thought about this after I noticed the CRK sales thread yesterday and looked for the box from my (November deal with him) and I’m sorry to say I don’t have it any longer.

Back