Lamson Sharp Chef Knife and the ultimate all purpose kitchen knife?

Hey fellas,
I recently purchased a Lamson Sharp 8" chef knife and I'm very happy with it's balance and overall abilities. I am not fond of the stainless steel though. So my first question is if anyone knows of a full tang American made kitchen knife brand that uses high carbon steels such as 1095 or D2. Second, as I have mentioned in previous posts, I'm a minimalist. So my second question is if you could have one or two kinds of knives in the kitchen to handle all food preperation tasks, what would they be?

Thanks a lot,
Stay sharp.

1. C.K.T.G Richmond knives - made in usa (I think) with steels: AEB-L, CPM154, 52100, 19C27, M390 (coming soon). IMO, their knives geometry sort of bulky/thick. IIRC, Boker has something in D2.

2. 240mm gyuto Aogami Super core with stainless clad. Which mean I karate down chicken & rib using bare hands:rolleyes:

Hey fellas,
So my first question is if anyone knows of a full tang American made kitchen knife brand that uses high carbon steels such as 1095 or D2.?

[Removed]

Japanese kitchen knives are generally not "full tang" but, they are so thin and sharp they don't to be thick and heavy. Look on this site at the Gyuto. There are lots of choices in good stainless and carbon steels. A 240mm Gyuto is a great place to start along with a Santoku or Nakiri for vegetables.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back