Lancer fixed blade rendering

Here is a Kizer rendering of the Lancer. This is a design I have been doing for a while. This knife design was for easier concealed carry. As I developed this knife I discovered the handle was more of an obstacle to carrying a fixed blade concealed, than the blade. This handle shape provides a very solid and secure grip for a small package. It is very comfortable in 3 out of 4 grip positions, forward, forward edge up, reverse grip edge out. In fact, it has become very popular with martial artists who prefer reverse grip edge out. And an even stranger piece of trivia, it has been very popular in Australia. The highest percentage of sales for the Lancer have gone Down Under! The blade shape is very versatile. It blends two blades styles with somewhat similar shapes, a Kopis and the very humble chefs knife. This makes the knife very versatile. I have one customer who uses it as his hunting knife and has taken care of several deer.

We are looking at S35VN for the steel. It will be .160" thick with a tall hollow grind. The handle will be a multi color g10. To envision what I have in mind, look at VZgrips. They have a similar dimple pattern. I have always liked how his pattern feels in the hand. The sheath will be Kydex and will be able to mount to the different belt clips with 1" hole spacing. It is in prototyping. I hope to see it soon!

1 (1).jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Dirk, you sure have been busy :)
What is the blade and handle size?
In Aus, what have the customers been using the knife for?

Take care
Anthony

Hello Dirk, you sure have been busy :)
What is the blade and handle size?
In Aus, what have the customers been using the knife for?

Take care
Anthony

Blade length might be something people might want to know. Overall length is 8.5" blade is 4.75" handle is 3.75".

Aussies have primarily been martial arts, but there was one who just said he was a biker. He didn't say what kind of bike.

i'm pretty sure the "Lancer" name is in use by Ray Laconico and Mike Vagnino for their folding knife model with Kizer

i'm pretty sure the "Lancer" name is in use by Ray Laconico and Mike Vagnino for their folding knife model with Kizer

You are correct. Kizer wants to maintain names as is for now and we will resolve any naming issues as a release date approaches.

Back