• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

LANNY’S CLIP in MADRONE BURL ( Sold )

HI to all Knife Fans, What I have to offer for sale today is one Lanny’s Clip in CPM-154 steel at .100 thick blade hand sanded to 1000 grit. the beautiful Madrone Burl needs a littel oil to shine it up some, I soaked it in Lemon oil ,but it does not give the wood justice. I’m not done with this knife yet , just enough to get some quick pic’s made an back to shop to sharpen the blade and clean the backstrap some more around the pivot area and maybe try an tighten the back scales a little tighter. I see my mistakes after I take Micro pic’s ,because they show up stuff that looks ok to the naked eye ,but the camera does not get fooled. I know ---my scratched up eye glasses need replaced ,which is on my list before end of year. The steel is heat treated an tempered to a final 60 on the RC scale . Bolsters sanded an then polished to 6000 grit. The closed length is 3 7/8” with an opening length of 6 7/8”. I’d say the opening pull is around a 4 an I pinch the blade in the curve of the belly an it opens perfect , not hard an not super easy with good snap in all three flush positions. I was going to ask $400.00 but I knew the nail notch was a little back of where it is supposed to be an it opens good at that area does not break a nail at all ,but pinching is so much easier an quicker. The first $335.00 ( SOLD ) gets this very well made an great fit and finnish Lanny’s. send PM or send money to ( joeallen@me.com ) at pay pal. Comes with Letter of Authenticity and Black Leather Zip Pouch fleece lined. Thanks everyone, this knife is Sold . Heading to I O Way, like the old country song said. PS---Finished knife pictures are with white or beige color back ground Just posted them so you can see the end product. Thanks Everyone.

Attachments

• DSCN6391.jpg
    DSCN6391.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 302
  • DSCN6395.jpg
    DSCN6395.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 283
  • DSCN6403.jpg
    DSCN6403.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 282
  • DSCN6419.jpg
    DSCN6419.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 281
  • DSCN6423.jpg
    DSCN6423.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 273
  • DSCN6427.jpg
    DSCN6427.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 275
  • DSCN6437.jpg
    DSCN6437.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCN6447.jpg
    DSCN6447.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCN6460.jpg
    DSCN6460.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCN6451.jpg
    DSCN6451.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
That is a really attractive knife. I mean really, really nice. Well done.

THANKS Avoid an My Cough & Dispatch, AN ALL THOSE OTHER GREAT KNIFE ENTHUSIASTIC’S WHO HIT THE LIKE BUTTON. Much Appreciated.

Last edited:
This is a real Beauty nicely done, love the pattern. Congrats too it's new owner.

Thank you Hunchen and Nato for the great comments, and I’d have to agree with you Nato, the new owner saw Quality-Beauty -and a cost Below some Factory Semi-Customs and jumped on it. Thanks to all who commented or hit the likes button.

Back