1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

LANNY’S CLIP in MADRONE BURL ( Sold )

Discussion in 'For Sale: Folders' started by Joe Allen Knives-2017, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Joe Allen Knives-2017

Joe Allen Knives-2017 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 17, 2017
    HI to all Knife Fans, What I have to offer for sale today is one Lanny’s Clip in CPM-154 steel at .100 thick blade hand sanded to 1000 grit. the beautiful Madrone Burl needs a littel oil to shine it up some, I soaked it in Lemon oil ,but it does not give the wood justice. I’m not done with this knife yet , just enough to get some quick pic’s made an back to shop to sharpen the blade and clean the backstrap some more around the pivot area and maybe try an tighten the back scales a little tighter. I see my mistakes after I take Micro pic’s ,because they show up stuff that looks ok to the naked eye ,but the camera does not get fooled. I know ---my scratched up eye glasses need replaced ,which is on my list before end of year. The steel is heat treated an tempered to a final 60 on the RC scale . Bolsters sanded an then polished to 6000 grit. The closed length is 3 7/8” with an opening length of 6 7/8”. I’d say the opening pull is around a 4 an I pinch the blade in the curve of the belly an it opens perfect , not hard an not super easy with good snap in all three flush positions. I was going to ask $400.00 but I knew the nail notch was a little back of where it is supposed to be an it opens good at that area does not break a nail at all ,but pinching is so much easier an quicker. The first $335.00 ( SOLD ) gets this very well made an great fit and finnish Lanny’s. send PM or send money to ( [email protected] ) at pay pal. Comes with Letter of Authenticity and Black Leather Zip Pouch fleece lined. Thanks everyone, this knife is Sold . Heading to I O Way, like the old country song said. PS---Finished knife pictures are with white or beige color back ground Just posted them so you can see the end product. Thanks Everyone.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  2. avoidspam

avoidspam

Jul 2, 2011
    Great catch!

It’s a beautiful knife Joe

3. mycough

mycough Basic Member Basic Member

May 20, 2007
    That is a really attractive knife. I mean really, really nice. Well done.

4. dispatch184

dispatch184 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Super nice

5. Joe Allen Knives-2017

Joe Allen Knives-2017 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 17, 2017
    THANKS Avoid an My Cough & Dispatch, AN ALL THOSE OTHER GREAT KNIFE ENTHUSIASTIC’S WHO HIT THE LIKE BUTTON. Much Appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  6. Hunchentoot

Hunchentoot Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2020
    Wow.

7. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    This is a real Beauty nicely done, love the pattern. Congrats too it's new owner.

8. Joe Allen Knives-2017

Apr 17, 2017
    Thank you Hunchen and Nato for the great comments, and I’d have to agree with you Nato, the new owner saw Quality-Beauty -and a cost Below some Factory Semi-Customs and jumped on it. Thanks to all who commented or hit the likes button.

9. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Wow! beautiful knife Joe.

10. Joe Allen Knives-2017

Apr 17, 2017
    Thanks Scott , means a lot coming from another Knife Maker .

11. arden.ferris

arden.ferris Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Can you make me one just like this? 3" blade

David Mary likes this.
  12. Joe Allen Knives-2017

Apr 17, 2017
    I’ll get to cutting the pattern out soon. Thanks Arden

David Mary likes this.